ღChapter One: Cloud Nine Dream Buffet

Bea sighed as she was leaning her head back against the locker behind her. There was a small smile on her face while staring at nothing in front of her. There were a few schoolmates passing by and shot her weird glances; though Bea didn't realize. She just sighed again; more heavily this time and that small smile began to widen.

Shaking her head slowly, Bea's just-as-slow blinking daze never faltered as she sighed (for the third time), "How is it even possible there could be three... perfectly beautiful boys... and all in the same place at once?"

There was an open locker door beside Bea with the face of the door beside her. Someone tilted their head to peer a hazel eye and raised their brow at the dream-dazed blonde. This same someone grinned, shaking her head and went back to the small rectangular mirror magnetically displayed on the inside of the locker door. The mirror was a gift from Bea which had sparkling heart-shaped gems glued all along the frame.

Charlie had already picked up that daydream tone from her best friend. It wasn't anything new. Her brows furrowed a bit, leaning closer to the mirror while she gently ran the tip of her pinky over her bottom lip. Some of her lip gloss had come off.

Pouting, Charlie fished her hand into her purse in search of her favorite strawberry-scented lip gloss. She sighed as she glanced up at the locker in an attempt to see through it to her friend.

"You're doing it again, Bea..." was her small reply.

Charlie grunted, having to open her purse a little more to peer into it. It was a massive purse she got for her birthday last year but throwing in every necessity for the day didn't help when Charlie had to look for something as small as her lip gloss.

"Doing what?" Bea blinked out of her dreamy daze and peered around the locker.

Her blue eyes blinked a few times as Charlie, having finally found her lip gloss, was using the mirror to reapply gloss. Charlie was still lining her bottom lip when she glanced at her friend still looking at her. When she made eye contact with herself again, Charlie raised a brow and took a moment to finish what she was doing.

Charlie's brows furrowed, squinting a bit as she rubbed her lips together. Then she turned to Bea. "You're staring off at nothing with that creepy smile."

Bea frowned, her bottom lip pouting a bit. Charlie further pointed out, "It kinda freaks people out."

Scrunching her nose, Bea hid behind the locker again; gone from Charlie's view. Bea mumbled that their peers should learn to mind their own business and that it wasn't like Bea was doing it intentionally. Bea poked her head around the locker again.

Bea lowered a brow as Charlie was now reapplying mascara. She knew how much Charlie was into being dolled up. It didn't matter if they were at one of their homes for a sleepover; Charlie would make sure her eyelashes were curled and her lip gloss was on. Maaaaaaybe there were times she'd add eyeliner.

Charlie shrugged a shoulder, "I'm just saying..."

Their side conversation couldn't distract Bea any longer and she went back to wearing that dazed look. Charlie could hear her friend lean back against the lockers with a heavy thud. Just to be sure, Charlie peered around her locker door. Bea was sighing, staring upward now---a less intrusive way to daydream.

Though she shared Bea's feelings about the "Cloud Nine Dream Buffet", Charlie knew Bea was the more "Romantic" of the pair. Bea was more prone to dream up scenarios of kissing a boy on the beach while the sun set or how a boy would drop down on a knee to profess his undying love for her. Of course, the "boy" was always one of the McNeill brothers.