ღChapter Fifty-Two: Boyfriend-Girlfriend Heart-to-Heart

Bea was standing nervously in the middle of the McNeill's huge yard. She was pacing back and forth, biting her thumb nail and using the other hand to twirl a blonde curl around her finger. Her gaze was solely on the grass, afraid to look anywhere else, especially at Greg who was standing about four feet from her with his wide-legged stance and his arms crossed.

His eyes kept following her pace for ten minutes now.

When she had arrived, Greg had leaned over to kiss her cheek and frowned at the way Bea flinched. She had been acting really odd since a few nights ago, and Greg was still trying to figure out what it was he did.

For the half hour that it was taking Bea to arrive at his house after texting him that she was on her way, Greg was panicking. Again her text lacked the bubbly personality, and it hurt Greg for Bea to treat him like this. Out of nowhere she was distancing herself and wouldn't tell him why until now that she'd arrived.

However, they've been standing in the backyard for a while and Bea still hadn't told him what was bothering her.

Greg lowered a brow, leaning his head forward. "Bea, what's this about?"

He watched her continue pacing until he had to go over and take her hand in his. She gasped, pulling her hand away and Greg frowned.

Shaking his head he sulked, "What did I do? You keep pulling away from me... you don't talk to me like we always do... and you've been ignoring all my calls."

Greg sighed, narrowing his eyes and stressed, "Say something."

Bea looked away. She was scared that talking would lead to an argument and Bea wanted to keep from going in that direction. By staying quiet, Greg was still her boyfriend. And Greg wouldn't confirm Charlie's gossip.

"What is wrong, Bea?!" Greg was becoming frustrated. He didn't understand why she couldn't just say what it was.

After gathering her nerves, Bea lifted her eyes to his and frowned, "Did you cheat on me?"

Greg blinked hard then blinked repeatedly as his neck craned forward and his brows went up so high they almost vanished from his face. His arms were still crossed as he answered, "Did I what?"

Bea let out a sharp breath. "Did you cheat on me? At all? Like... since we've been together."

She swallowed hard, trying to remember the advice Eve had given her the day before. Eve had told her that Bea had to hear Greg out. And to keep in mind that Charlie was talking out of her ass, so there was more than a possibility Charlie just wanted to stir up trouble.

"That is probably the most ridiculous question ever, Bea," Greg scoffed. He shook his head, dropping his arms to his sides. At least she finally said something. But it was an accusation Greg hadn't expected. Not from her at least.

Bea stepped forward, raising a brow. "Answer the question, Greg."

Greg narrowed his eyes, feeling insulted. Now he was set on not answering her, just to spite her. But as he was crossing his arms, readying himself to remain silent, Greg thought that by not answering would probably tell Bea something else.

"No," he forced out through grit teeth, narrowing his eyes more. "No, I didn't cheat on you. Nor have I ever since we've been together."

His jaw clenched tighter at the softness on her face now. They stayed staring at one another until Greg was the one to step forward and ask why she would accuse him of something so beneath him.