ღChapter Forty-Six: Chicks Before... Well, You Know

ღ.

"You can't go."

Eve frowned, crossing her arms in the middle of her room while Charlie was doing the same by the door. 

Bea was sitting in Eve's desk chair, awkwardly glancing between her best friends. She bit her lip, feeling the tension in the room.

"What do you mean I can't go?" Eve asked, raising a brow, now gunk-free and squeaky clean. 

She had to use more than half the bottle of shampoo but Eve was just glad her brown curls were no longer sticky. Washing away the rest of the gunk was much easier with the bar of soap and a loofah. There were parts of her skin still a little red, but was starting to fade.

When Eve had turned off the shower moments ago, she screamed at her bathroom door swinging open and Charlie stomping in to shout, "YOU ARE GOING OUT WITH GABRIEL?!"

Eve was pressed against the tile wall, panting and wide-eyed. She took a second to let her surprise settle before scowling at her friend from around the curtain that she wasn't decent. She glanced at Bea extending a towel to her. Eve snatched it. 

"Knocking is something you really need to work on," Eve muttered, wrapping the towel around herself tightly. She stepped out of the tub, pushing in between them to go into her room. 

Eve glanced at the piercing hazel gaze of Charlie's. "And where did you hear that?"

'It better not have been Greg,' Eve internally growled. Because if it was Greg then he was going to be missing one of his teeth come Monday morning.

Eve turned around once in the middle of her room and Charlie narrowed her eyes, nodding firmly, "Greg told us."

The brunette looked upward, blinking repeatedly. Greg McNeill really needed to learn how to keep his mouth shut. 

Bea interjected, raising her finger. 

"Actually... Garrett told us. Charlie and I went over to the McNeill house because I had to give Greggy back his math notes. Garrett opened the door and we noticed how nice he was dressed up."

Eve lowered a brow, not sure where Charlie being upset came in.

"He told us his parents caught you and Gabe in the kitchen this afternoon and how Mrs. McNeill had invited you to go out to dinner with them," Bea finished quietly, her blue eyes looking at their bristled friend.

Charlie pointed at pointed at Eve, scoffing, "What I want to know is why you were alone with him in the first place! You don't even like Gabriel! So unless this is some new way of torturing him by ruining his kitchen then you best start talking!"

The younger girl rolled her eyes, shaking her head and muttered to herself as she went to her dresser for her undergarments. She was rummaging through her drawer, and shot over her shoulder at Charlie, "What's the big deal? You know he and I agreed on spending time together for your sake!"

"Yes. But out in public! Not in the comfort of his own home!" Charlie snapped, crossing her arms and stomping her foot.

Eve slammed her drawer shut, turning around with her brown eyes wide.

"Look, Missy! I don't have to tell you anything! And as far as I'm concerned, I'm not doing anything wrong! Mrs. McNeill invited me to join them for dinner. That's it!"

Charlie rolled her eyes telling Bea to shut up when the blonde girl tried to interject something. Eve glanced at Bea before frowning back at Charlie.