Chapter Fifty-Nine: Suck to Be Marina

Word of Middleton High's hottest commodity being taken off the market had spread like wildfire. Every student who had seen Gabriel McNeill walking through the school were anxiously waiting by their lockers. All eyes trailed after the McNeill brothers and wondered on who had snagged the most popular boy in school.

Students leaned forward, trying to peer down the hall as Marina Watson made a beeline for the brothers. She didn't look very happy so the students expected a blowout of some kind. They eagerly waited, anticipating when the brunette would lash out.

Marina flipped her hair off her shoulder, crossing her arms after halting right in front of Gabriel. When he tried to move around her, Marina extended her arm out and Gabriel rolled his eyes upward, sighing. 

Marina narrowed her eyes, tilting her head as she demanded, "Why haven't you called me, Gabe? I've been worried about you since your meeting with Principal Yu last week!"

"How do you know about that?" Gabriel frowned as he was swatting at her hand to get off his arm. He hadn't looked up at her yet, much to Marina's annoyance so she reached over and took his chin to force him to look at her. 

She raised a brow, letting Gabriel know how strange he'd been acting and that they needed to fix whatever it is was that was distancing him from Marina.

Gabriel's deadpanned look was kept in place, despite his chin still cupped in her hand. He tugged his chin away, frowning at her to lay off.

"You don't tell me when to call you. If I wanted to call you, I would have." The Senior boy leaned forward, raising a brow. "Which you should obviously know that I didn't."

Gabriel glanced at his brother beside him. Greg did the same to him before nodding silently for them to walk away.

Marina caught the eye exchange and stepped forward, holding up a finger. She looked at Greg, narrowing her eyes, "If you don't mind... I have to talk to your brother. It'd be best for you to scram now."

The younger McNeill puffed his chest up, opening his mouth to speak, but Gabriel stepped in front of him. His eyes narrowed, now eye-to-eye with Marina. He shook his head, huffing, "You don't talk to my brother that way, Marina. Only I can."

Greg glanced a deadpanned look at the side of his brother's head.

Gabriel scrunched his nose, shaking his head and questioned why the girl was calling him still anyway. He pointed out that he hadn't spoken to her for weeks so it should have been quite obvious that whatever Gabriel and Marina had was over and done with. 

Marina rolled her eyes then glanced at her newly manicured nails. She shook her head, pulling her arm under the one she was looking at.

"Please..." She rolled her eyes again. "What I really want to discuss with you is this rumor going around that you have a girlfriend."

She looked from Gabriel to Greg and back, raising her brows, "I don't recall you asking me anything of the sort?"

A sigh was all that escaped Gabriel. He rolled a shoulder back, tightening his grip on the strap of his backpack. 

It was too fucking early in the morning to feel this agitated already. He knew he was going to have to vent about this to his therapist later today. 

All Gabriel really wanted was to be at the end of the hall where the junior and sophomore lockers were with a particular brown-eyed, fiery someone.

Marina poked the Senior hard in the chest, making Gabriel frown and lightly rub at the sore spot.