ღChapter Twenty-Nine: Civil? I Think Not.

Jensen and Ackles kept swatting each other on the drive to Carl's Jr. It had started off with friendly poking before quickly turned into slapping one another in the face or on the back of their heads.

Bea and Eve were observing the twins from the second back seat of the Barry's family van.

It was rarely used but when it was, Caleb and the girls used it to bring the twins along. Caleb's truck was in mint condition and didn't trust his little brothers and food in it. 

The girls knew that "Farrah" was Caleb's prized possession which was passed down by his father. Caleb would wax the car every two weeks and only take her out when Caleb had  dates. That was rare too since Caleb didn't seem to trust the teenage girls in school to sit in his precious baby either.

Bea winced when Jensen had taken a nasty hit from his twin on the nose. 

She didn't understand how they could be so violent! They were always doing something to one another or to other people whenever she saw them. She remembered once when the twins had been smacking one another with foam bats and Ackles accidently swung too hard, Jensen ducked, and the bat knocked Bea's head to the side. 

Ever since Bea was always cautious of where she stood, sat, and what was said to the boys.

"Ow!" Jensen grabbed his nose with both hands, facing his brother. "You hit me too hard that time!"

Ackles blinked his hazel eyes, then crinkled them when he leaned forward laughing. Jensen was still rubbing his nose staring at his brother but Eve could see the tiny grin under his hand to know the injured twin thought it was funny too.

After their laughter subsided, they sat back in their seats staring straight ahead. It was apparently too quiet those few moments and Jensen's fist made contact with Ackles arm and they both started smacking each other again.

Beside Eve, she could hear her friend mumbling what horrible little creatures they were. Eve glanced at Bea with a small grin.

From the front passenger seat, Charlie turned around and finally took the initiative to yell, "KNOCK IT OFF!" to the boys. 

But the twins continued to punch each other muttering, "Stupid sister!" and "Keep your eyes on the road!" before chuckling to themselves. Their back and forth punches still going.

Caleb glanced in the rear view mirror and was the one to change his usual 'cool joe' tone to an authoritative one. Without having to turn around, he ordered the boys to "cool it". 

Almost immediately, Jensen and Ackles faced forward dropping their arms to their sides and looked out the windows next to them like compliant angels.

Their sister eyed one twin and then the other with a scowl. She continued facing the back seat but turned her head to her older brother.

"How is it that they never listen to me but you can say only two words and they are so submissive?"

Caleb's finger flipped the turning signal as he was turning his head from side to side for oncoming cars. He didn't answer Charlie until he had finished turning the corner.

"Perhaps it has to do with this personality trait that whiney little sisters suck at," he explained. He glanced at Charlie through the corner of his eye and grinned, "It's called being the favorite."

The others in the back chuckled, but Charlie didn't find it very funny. She pursed her lips, scrunching her nose in disapproval and flipped back to face the front. She folded her arms, shaking her head that her brother wasn't very funny.