ღChapter Thirty-Seven: Plan Backfired

"Ho-man... Bea's gonna kill me!" Greg groaned, sitting beside his older brother in one of the four seats right outside of the front office. He clapped his hands over his face, leaning forward. He had his feet rooted to the floor to balance his elbows on his thighs. 

Beside him, Gabriel was slumped in a chair right by the office door. His arms were crossed, his long legs in a wide stance in front of him and he was staring straight ahead with a scowl on his face.

He shot an annoyed glance at Greg who was now shaking his head in his hands and mumbling to himself. The back teeth in Gabriel's lower jaw were aching from the amount of pressure of clenching his teeth. His hands were balled up tightly, buried under his folded arms.

Across from the boys, Conrad was leaned against his own chair with one elbow propped on the empty seat beside him. He had his right ankle crossed onto his left knee; his foot twitching impatiently in the silence. Conrad held an ice pack to his face. He winced every time he'd inch the pack to a throbbing area of his lip. 

Conrad glared over at the McNeill boys. His gray eyes zoned in on the Senior staring straight ahead. He wasn't even acknowledging Conrad's presence. This irritated the blond enough to need to poke the lion.

Conrad licked his teeth in aggravation. He grunted, "You better watch your back, McNeill."

Greg looked up slightly from his head being buried in his hands while Gabriel merely flicked his gaze over through his scowl. 

The younger McNeill blinked, straightening a little. "Are you talking to me or Gabe?" he asked, unsure.

Conrad kept talking like Greg hadn't at all. He leaned forward a bit, sneering, "That little stunt you pulled in the cafeteria was uncalled for!"

He gestured to his face, frowning, "I have a photo shoot tomorrow afternoon, and now I'm going to miss out on it because you ruined my face!"

Conrad narrowed his eyes as he saw a tiny corner of Gabriel's mouth curl.

The Senior raised a brow as his younger brother widened his eyes, scrunching his nose. Greg craned his neck forward, asking, "You're a model?"

The brothers glanced at one another before laughing. 

It explained so much about Conrad Kingsley. The way he'd part his hair to the side first and then comb it back with large globs of gel, the way he'd stand in random postures; like with his fist under his chin and raising a brow when trying to look interested in whatever teacher was talking to him about.

Conrad scoffed, his head reeled back in insult, "It's not funny! I make a living off this breadwinner! And you had to go and pound me!"

Greg raised a brow, wide-eyed. Gabriel scrunched his nose, brows furrowed. The younger McNeill glanced at his older brother, chuckling nervously. He muttered through the corner of his mouth, "Didn't know you swung that way, Gabe."

Greg was knocked off his chair. 

His older brother narrowed his eyes down at a sprawled Greg before the younger flipped around and grinned, sheepishly. Gabriel shook his head at him slowly then pointed firmly at the seat beside him. Greg jumped onto the seat and looked back to Conrad.

Gabriel looked over at him too, his eyes narrowing more. He raised a brow, tilting his head, "Aside from the fact that what you said was—completely off-putting—you thinking I had anything to do with what your face already looked like, makes good material for being a future comedian."