ღChapter Forty-Two: A Deal Is A Deal

Eve was standing in the middle of the hallway. It was empty and quiet.

Crap! What was she doing?

Eve pulled the strap of her bag more securely on her shoulder and decided to start searching for the pain in the ass McNeill. She had started in the cafeteria, but there were only the lunch ladies getting lunch set up. A few times, she'd had to dodge teachers in between their teacher prep periods.

She searched the third floor where most of the Senior classes were but Eve didn't find Gabriel anywhere. She had even checked the gym but Coach Davis was shouting for the freshman in his PE class to pick up their feet and move faster.

Eve grumbled, pushing the doors to the back of the school open, and looked around. Nothing.

Maybe he went home, she thought.

Groaning, Eve slapped a hand over her eyes. She took a deep breath, her shoulders relaxing and wondering if maybe she should just return to class. She could just make up some odd excuse about being on her period or something. Or that she had diarrhea.

When she dropped her hand to her side, Eve peered out in the open field and saw a figure on the bleachers and walked over. She had gotten close enough and was relieved that it was Gabriel. At the top of the bleachers, he was lying on his back and she could see that he had his headphones in his ears.

Eve started up the long steps and as she was getting closer, she noticed his eyes were closed. His music was rather loud, however, and would make sense to why he hadn't heard her coming up in the first place.

She stopped beside him, tilting her head a bit. Eve straightened, stretching her neck to look over his face. "Gabriel," she spoke.

Eve rolled her eyes at herself, feeling stupid of speaking so low when Breaking Benjamin happened to be blasting in his ears. She even had shouted, "GABRIEL!" But nothing.

Eve pursed her mouth, narrowing her eyes as she studied him. She never noticed before, but Gabriel had a small sized mole by his lip that complemented his mouth quite nicely. And his jaw had this square shape forming. It made his face look kind of interesting... in a good way.

Shaking her head and frowning at herself for admiring the Senior too much, Eve huffed a short breath. She raised a brow and studied his face beore she lightly smacked his forehead.

Gabriel's eyes snapper open and he jumped when seeing someone's face over his. The boy yelped, rolling off the bench.

Eve bit her lip, smiling.

Groaning, Gabriel pushed himself up and turned his head. He frowned, yanking off an ear bud and huffed, "Jesus Christ, Prince! You can't just go sneaking up on people, you know?"

He stood up, pulling the other bud out of his ear and retrieved his phone from his back pocket. He frowned at it, turning off the music and then tucked his headphones into his back pocket.

Eve raised a brow and pursed her lips when Gabriel finally looked up at her.

"What are you doing out here?" he asked her.

He looked at his phone then lifted his green eyes to Eve.

"Shouldn't you be in class?" he asked, lowering a brow without waiting for a reply to the first one.

Eve stuck her chin out and nodded, "As should you."

Gabriel narrowed his eyes, staring at her for a second then leaned down to scoop up his backpack that had fallen with him.