ღChapter Nineteen: Toilet Water

"Eck! This is possibly the worst breakfast shake ever!"

Eve held the large pink aluminum bottle at arm's length, groaning with her head turned away. She made a gagging noise and brought the bottle to her nose, taking a small sniff and then turned away with another gag.

"It smells like a sewer!" Eve complained. Shaking her head, Eve scrunched her nose and shut her eyes. She whimpered, "You gave me toilet water..."

Bea smiled behind her hand. Charlie was standing on the other side of Eve with her arms crossed and her hip out to one side. Her perfectly shaped brow rose in disapproval at Eve's dramatics. 

Shaking her head, Charlie watched her friend continue to gag and hold the shake away from herself.

"Eve," she spoke sternly. Charlie pursed her lips. 

Eve wasn't listening though. She continued groaning about how awful the smell was and that she was sure to puke. When Charlie said her name again, Charlie still wasn't acknowledged. Bea was still giggling behind her hand.

Placing her hands on her hips, Charlie stomped her platform, curtly shouting, "Everleigh Florence Prince, are you listening to me?!"

Eve had her head turned away with a scrunched face but the moment Charlie spoke her full name, Eve's eyes snapped open and her face went blank. She turned her head to the taller girl and narrowed her eyes, grinding her teeth. Eve pulled her hand up and pointed her finger at Charlie who leaned back a bit.

"Charlie... We had a deal about never saying my middle name... unless you wanted your hundred and seventy five dollar extensions ripped out of your skull!" .

Charlie, used to such threats from her best friend, couldn't help but clear her throat and straightened her posture. She gave Eve a sweet smile, lifting her hands and holding the sides of her friend's face. She scrunched her nose and shook her head to coo, "Oh, Eve... Try not to behave so barbaric today, hm? After all... tonight's the night!"

Eve, her face still squished between Charlie's manicured fingers, narrowed her eyes and yanked herself backwards. She leaned herself back against her car, lifting the pink bottle to glare at the stupid golden lettering engraved along the side with Charlie's full first name. 

She mumbled, shaking her head, "And what does drinking sewage have to do with tonight?"

Eve was truly curious as to why she had to drink a shake at seven-thirty in the morning when she had a perfectly 'self-approved' breakfast consisting of two strawberry Pop Tarts and a bottle of orange juice in her hands when she'd walked into the Barry kitchen earlier.

But no. Apparently, Pop Tarts are not part of the Cosmopolitan diet. It contains too many calories and sprinkled frosting. It was just not appropriate to eat something that would give Eve a few more pounds.

"Yes, because I hear you can get fat just from eating two pop tarts!" Eve argued when her image-obsessed friend had snatched the frosted treats and juice from her.

Charlie widened her eyes, raising her brows and nodded, speaking to Eve like a five year old as she slowly explained, "When you have a lot of carbs... you can.

She turned, handing the confiscated Pop Tarts to Bea before shoving a pink bottle into Eve's hand instead.

Eve frowned, staring at he bottle then looked at Charlie with a raised a brow. She held up the bottle. "What's this?"