chapter 1

Jennie's Pov

As the bell rang I went for a quick glance through my answer sheets, for a final check. Satisfied with my performance I stepped out of the exam hall in delight.

Done with the finals, I headed straight from college to my part time work ignoring the parties. While my classmates were grieving about the last day of the college, I was happy about the fact that sooner after graduation I am goanna quit tiring part-time jobs and go for some well-paid job. Unlike others, I had to go for multiple part-time jobs to pay my tuition fees. Although Uncle Francis looks after me, I don't want to be a burden for him who also has a daughter of my age to be taken care off and she is my only friend grace.

.....

While I was busy working at the reception, Grace barged in the hotel shouting my name, creating a scene. On witnessing her teary eyes I immediately took her inside to the employer's place ignoring the manager's death glare.

"what happened, Grace? Why are you crying?"

"daad~... Dad"

"What happened to uncle?"

"he fainted while working and has been admitted at SLR hospital... "

"did you go there?"

"no, as soon I heard the news I tried reaching you, as i couldn't ... and so..."

"leave it off, let us just go there.... it wouldn't be something serious, uncle will be alright " saying so I patted and consoled her but deep inside I was equally terrified.

Declaring an emergency leave, both of us rushed to the hospital. On witnessing uncle at ICU bed old memories started to flash out, I couldn't hold back myself anymore, my eyes start to flood up and a tear flowed down my cheek.

........

"Is he alright now? There isn't any life-threatening issue right?" I asked the doctor hoping for a positive answer.

"I am afraid not... he has been diagnosed with brain tumor and it has to be operated out soon. sooner it is done better the result"

"will he be alright then?"

"yes, chances for survival are high if it's done soon and the surgery will cost around 4L, do you have any health insurance? "

"We don't have any but we will arrange for the money soon", I replied to the doctor confidently while grace was dumbfounded on hearing the expenses to be bared. even though I was also clueless about arranging such a huge amount in a short span of time, still I was determined to save uncle at any cost.

..... Next day.....

While Grace stayed with uncle at the hospital, I came back to work to reach out for some help. When my working shift was about to be done I reached out to the manager for help but he refused to offer help stating that he can't trust me. he even accused me that i might run away with the money. I stormed back to my place in distress scratching my head in need of a solution. While I was immersed in thoughts my colleague Preethi shook me up and handed over the phone. it was Grace on the other end,

"what happened Jennie? What did your manager tell?"

"no, he is not ready to help... what about there?"

"i managed to get some help but its not even quarter the amount, we will have to look for additional resource" 

"then father is our last hope, he has asked for a few days time, if we aren't lucky to find a donor in time then no other choice other than uncle Chun"  //church father

"are you insane? Don't ever take his name, If you happen to meet him then five years of struggles would go off in vain"

"but-"

"We shall find out some other way, as of now just get back to the hospital before the rain pours down", grace ended the call abruptly.

During the whole conversation, I noticed a man with brown hair, glasses on, dressed up in a pink hoodie, black sweatpants with a backpack on, staring at me with much anticipation as if he had found his long lost love, ignoring him I proceeded with my work. After the call, he approached me and spoke in some foreign language in haste more like rapping, all I could understand was he is panicked and asking for something.

"uh... sir by chance do you know any other language, I couldn't understand what you are trying to say?", I asked him in the native language.

I don't know what that man understood but after my interruption, he started to recite in the same language but this time slowly. Obviously, I didn't understand this time too, but on observing it I understood he is speaking in Korean.

"Sir, I don't speak Korean... by chance do you speak English?"

This time I spoke in English along with some actions

"phone... Korean music... you", saying so he pointed at my phone and me. Only then I understood what the issue was, I have almost paradise ost as my ringtone which is a Korean song from a famous k-drama called boys over flowers. I used to watch them when I was in high school. Plus with my look, he must have misunderstood me to be someone who speaks Korean on listening to it. I took out my phone and typed out in translator 

"Sorry sir I don't speak Korean, I am a half Chinese half Canadian and I know Hindi, English, Chinese, french languages. By chance do you know any of them?", in the translator, and showed him. The moment I showed him the text he heaved in a sigh and started speaking in Chinese.

"I am Kim Seok-jin from BTS... do you know Bts?"

"BTS... I don't know what you are talking about", I shook my head in no.

"never mind, I need help, I have lost -"

Before he could finish, I received another call from Grace scolding me to rush back to the hospital as it had already started drizzling.

"Sorry for the inconvenience sir, my duty time has been over I will have to go now, my colleagues will help you further, nice meeting you" i shook his hands and rushed out of the hotel not waiting for him to reply. As I walked out in haste he came back running towards me shouting for me to wait.

Jin's pov

Before I could reach out for help, the girl rushed out of the hotel. she being my last hope I couldn't afford to lose her and followed her all the way outside the hotel, shouting at her to wait. When I was about to tell her the reason why I called her I was again interrupted and this time it was a man in the age of '20s. He called out her name and walked towards us. 

The moment the girl saw him her face turned red, it wasn't due to blushing for sure. She might be annoyed by him. Soon they had a fierce conversation and both were yelling at each other. unaware of what to do I stood there by her side in silence, the man looked at me in disgust and gave me a death glare. Suddenly he grabbed her wrist and started to threaten her, before I could react the girl hit the man right at his balls and he fell on the ground with a loud thud crying out in pain.  Before my mind could process what's happening around me she grabbed my hand asking me to run and dragged me along with her. 

A/N: although the female lead is poor and in need of money as of now just like every other FF, i can assure you that it isn't gonna end up in some kind of deal or arranged marriage.. he he..

okay that's all with the spoiler, check out other chapters to know how its turn out at the end.