Chapter 5

Jin's pov

Jennie who was walking aside me stopped in the midway staring at her phone.

"why, what happened?"

"I think someone tried to contact you but I yelled at them mistakenly"

"what!"

While we were busy bickering around, the phone vibrated again and this time I picked up the call. It was namjoon on the other side, as soon as he heard my voice he started to cry, just with the voice, I could tell how much they were terrified and worried, after an hour of conversation giving out the details of my whereabouts I ended the call.

"Is everything alright?-"

"I need your bank account details"

Jennie's pov

Within an hour I was credited with cash on my account, our tickets were canceled, his ticket was preponed everything processed in lightning speed and for the whole day I was getting frequent calls every now and then from his friends, I guess they must have missed him a lot. He is lucky to have such people around him, I wonder how they forgot him at the airport. He was all excited after the call, jumping, goofing around, and even dragged me to a restaurant declaring it to be his treat ditching my part time job.

.....

As we walked down the streets to home in silence,

"shall I stay at your home itself, for the remaining 2 days? I don't want to stay alone at some hotel", he asked me with a puppy face all cute, for which I nodded in agreement.

"and about the hospital bill, I will credit you once I reach Seoul, since it is a huge amount", he added

"about that... just lend me as a loan I will pay you back later, I don't want to use you"

.....

After done showering and changed into pajamas, I went to bedroom calling out for Jin but then I noticed him fast asleep on the floor aside my bed. He was struggling and changing positions as he was sleeping with his hands coupled like a pillow. It was all because of me he is sleeping in that way as i didn't even bother to offer him my extra pillow. Since I have a habit of rolling around during my sleep, while the pillow helps me from rolling over. Out of guilty, I placed my pillow beneath his head, Without disturbing his sleep and dozed off.

Jin's pov

Hearing a thud sound of something falling, I woke up to find Jennie sleeping aside me.

did she rolled down by chance

While I was about to ask her out she shifted her sleeping position and placed her hand on me in a hug. I was startled by her close presence but then upon gazing her I was dumb folded by her beauty. I came back to senses only when she changed her sleeping position again.

'How can she be so careless... wooh' my heart nearly skipped a beat, Muttering to myself I placed her back on the bed.

Jennie's pov

I woke up to the sound of vessels from the kitchen, thinking it to be grace I called out for her but then I noticed her to be sleeping aside me. is it jin? Muttering to myself I walked to the kitchen and found him cutting vegetables. Usually, men look good when they are cooking and he was no exception, as I stood there staring at him lost in thoughts, I heard him speak to me without looking back

"If you're done with staring, will you help me out?"

"umm... I i-wasn't", I stuttered, while he chuckled at my response.

...........

After a tiring day at work, while I was packing my things to depart, jin walked up to me

"I feel bored, can we go around somewhere?"

"okay we shall go tomorrow"

"no, I am talking about today, now"

"it's almost 8 pm where do you want to go at this hour?"

he faked a sad face making me agree to take him somewhere near. As promised I took him to the beach, while we were enjoying ourselves just then I remembered grace asking me to buy some groceries on our way back home. Asking jin to wait for me I headed to a nearby store, at the shop to my dismay I met Rahul. I quickened my pace out of the shop before he could notice me.

as I walked through the streets I noticed Rahul friends ahead of me while i turned around to go the other way Rahul himself was standing there blocking the way.

"what do you think, if you run away would I not come back?"

"what do you want?"

"After doing much you are asking me what I want, better pay the price for your deed", saying so he walked towards me making me step backward, soon his friends along with him surrounded me. while I tried to attack in defense, he and his friends grabbed hold of me.

"no, not again", he sniggered

As I wiggle trying my must to escape from his hold, we heard a police jeep siren sound. Being Alarmed, they fled from the place leaving me alone.

thank god!

Relieved, I picked up my fallen bag and walked in the direction of the sound to thank the police but to my surprise I found jin standing there with the sound coming from phone.

What just happened now? Did he just trick them? Wow! he so quick-witted

"Did they run away?" he asked not moving an inch from his place and peaking around.

"yes, but usually in a situation like this doesn't the boy fight for the girl?"

"yahh... I saved you using my wit instead of thanking you are questioning me, what do you think am I superman to beat all the men just by myself? It only happens in movies besides what does it have to do with gender roles when one's life is on strake", he gabbled on with his eyes nearly popping out

"but, you beat the manager before-"

"ah about that old man... I didn't beat him much, he tripped on his own plus that was a one to one fight" "leave that your bag looks heavy, let me carry it", saying so he grabbed the bag from me and walked ahead, while me still in a daze not over the fact yet.

He fought for my colleague but not for me! ugh! Seriously!! Why am I even worried? I must have gone crazy!

Although he reasoned out well, I couldn't take up the fact that he fought for my colleague but not for me, battling my thoughts I walked back home in silence.

A/N: so here i come again, what do you think about Jin's quick wit? if someone is to rescue you, do you prefer him to fight out like the so called man thing in heroic way or be quick witted