Chapter 17

Jennie's Pov

New day starts as I woke up to the sound of an alarm rung at the side of my bed. Finishing up my morning routine I dressed up into a white off-shoulder layer top and a short blue skirt. Since I was running late I just applied lip balm, tied up my hair into a bun, and descended stairs.

"I am so sorry, I made you guys wait", I apologized them

"no it's not you, its jimin as usual", namjoon replied and called out jimin

"Hyung, just 5 more minutes", jimin shouted from his room

"I have heard the same for more than 5 times", namjoon sighed making us giggle

As we travel by car, I notice them taking a different route.

"where are we going?"

"We are going for an ad shoot, didn't Seohyun inform you?", jin asked me

"no"

"it was a sudden plan so she might have forgotten to inform you", namjoon replied

Before I could ask out for further details we reached the destination. While the boys were getting ready, jin walked out of the dressing room changing into a white shirt and black pants. He looked so handsome in it even without makeup, the dress fitted him perfect and his broad shoulders added elegance to it. I just couldn't take off eyes from him.

While he is getting his makeup done and practicing his lines I took the moment to appreciate how beautiful and perfect his facial features were. The whole time all I did was just stare at him blankly, if I have to honest, staring would be an understatement; I was literally drooling over him. I have never felt this way around anyone, not even him when I met him first but now these new feelings are driving me crazy.

"It is unethical to stare Miss Jennifer", he smiled smugly with his eyes still fixed on the paper.

"Don't worry your virtue is safe with me and about the staring part... I am just checking on your makeup", although I managed out to make some excuse, I could feel my face heating up due to embarrassment.

"not a bad excuse", he chuckled

"you have been glaring at the dialogues for more than 15minutes now let me see how well you have memorized them", I snatched the paper from his hands changing the topic

as he recites the dialogues, I skimmed through them only then I noticed the brand name they are advertising to, It was s*** enterprises which means they are advertising to our company which is now under the control of uncle Chun.

Is it by coincidence or is he after me? I better stay indoors and not get caught by company staffs

While I am busy indulged in thoughts jin shook me back to reality.

"why do you always play statue game in the middle of a conversation?", jin asked sarcastically

if it was the usual me I would have dissed him back in an instant but with so many thoughts running on my mind I choose to remain silent. 

"what happened Jennie? Is something wrong?", jin asked worriedly while I just nodded in no.

....

"Finally we are done with the shoot", hobi barged into the room and let himself down on the couch exhausted followed by the rest of the boys.

"Jennie you should have at least spared some time and joined us, it was quite fun shooting out there with AR, you missed the fun", tae complained

Just then we heard a knock on the door, it was manager sejin followed by a man in black coat suite. I was quite startled to notice it to be Luhan. He is none other than my one and only cousin,  beloved son of uncle Chun. I could see a smirk appear on his face on witnessing my shocked face.

While he claimed himself to be an army, talk, and take photographs with the boys, I excused myself and rushed out of the place. I stopped on my tracks on hearing footsteps behind me and turned around to notice it to be Luhan. Fear passed me looking at him I froze on.

My breath hitched when I looked at his eyes which were filled with lust and danger. He started walking close towards me and my heartbeat accelerated with his each step towards me. I tried walking in another direction ignoring his glance,

"can we have a talk?", he blocked my way

"I don't have anything to talk to you"

"you haven't changed a bit" "long time no see YU YAN" he stressed my real name.

"I think you have mistaken me to be someone", I said controlling my shiver

"so did I happen to mistaken the necklace too", saying so he pulled out the neckpiece from my shirt which I hid earlier. When I tried to whack his hand away from me he grabbed hold of it.

"Woah! watch out yu yan, you might hurt yourself, let's have all these kitten fights at our place", he scoffed

He leaned forward and whispered in my ears, "you will be mine and I will make sure it happens at any cost until then enjoy your stay here" he then let go of my hands-on hearing footsteps of people coming on our way and walked off leaving me in distress.

....

"Jennie! Jennie!", someone jolted me hard. I opened my eyes to look at the eyes which were looking at me with much concern and it was jin. Without thinking much I threw my body on jin hugging him hard. Tears spilled down just remembering that incident.

"shh! Ssh! Nothing happened I am here with you. That was a bad dream", jin held onto my shaking shoulders, rubbing my back trying his best to calm me down. We stayed in the same position for sometime.

Once I had calmed down I gently pushed away from jin, wiping my face with the tissue as jin help up for me. only then I noticed the rest of the boys to be also present in the room.

"Are you alright?", he asked me nervously for which I nodded in silence. I must have scared him, what else could be done when I am hell scared myself. It's been 2 days since I met Luhan and after that, I couldn't reach grace until now.

Jin's pov

It was early morning while we were getting ready ourselves, I heard Jennie scream aloud from her room. I barged into her room breaking the door, followed by the rest. When I woke her up she threw herself upon me and sobbed harder, clinging on to me. as she cry over me I felt her body shiver in fright. I suppose it to be the same dream that she had when we were in India.

While I rub her back in condolence, the boys brought some tissues and water for her. They were also equally puzzled as me by her strange behavior. After few minutes she came back to her sense and broke the hug.

"what was that Jennie? Is everything okay?", hobi asked in concern

"bad dream", she sighed

"same dream again?"

"what do you mean by the same dream Hyung? Has it happened before?", tae baffled

"yeah back at India, once, up to my knowledge"

"is something troubling you? You can tell us we will help you out", jimin sat by her side holding her hands

"After my parents died I get dreams of that incident, they haunt me every now and then. After coming here you guys have already helped me in overcoming them", she gave a sad smile.

"I think now its time to leave, I miss grace and uncle, just get me a ticket back to India as soon as possible", she added on

Not wanting to disturb her any further I signed the boys to leave the room to let her rest. Although she reasoned out well my heart was reluctant to accept it. I fear that she is hiding something big from us and that is hurting her. after much pondering, I asked sejin to look into her.

Jennie's pov

It's almost mid-night now but still, the boys haven't returned from work yet. While I am already stressed out because of Luhan, the boys are adding more fuel to it, muttering to myself I headed to the kitchen to grab a glass of water not bothering to switch on the main lights. As I drink the water, I froze on looking at a shadow of a man with a knife behind me which was visible by the small lights from the next room.