Chapter 22

Jennie's Pov

It was the trial day, I was waiting at the court with sejin sunbae anxiously for the trial to begin. Although I was the one who dismissed the boys when they offered to accompany me, now I regret it, without grace and jin by my side it makes me even more nervous.

Just as I close my eyes, I felt a tap on my shoulder and turned to notice jin sitting beside me in disguise.

"yah! jin why are you here what if someone identifies you", I asked in wishers not wanting others to hear.

"well I heard someone calling for me", he grinned

"did you really hear me?"

"pabo (idiot) I didn't hear you but I know you well", he chuckled striking my forehead lightly.

.....

The trial began shortly and it was the time for the eye witness confession but he didn't show up. As they call him for few more times, I noticed uncle Chun smiling at me wickedly. Just by the look, I could tell he is the one who is behind it.

I clutched jin's arm in fear but on the other hand, jin was calm and composed as if he knows what would happen in beforehand. When the judge was about to pass the order to proceed on with next. the attorney handed over a Pendrive to the magistrate and it was played. It contained a video footage of the eyewitness being tied up in a room with my uncle and few men around him where my uncle was threatening him to lie at court. Being shocked I turned around to look at sejin and jin for an explanation.

"wait, the show isn't over yet", jin grinned

After the video footage, uncle Chun's manager Kang walked up to the court and confessed all his crimes adding more evidence, strengthening our side. With all the strong evidence the hopeless case turned upside down in few minutes and uncle Chun was sentenced to lifelong imprisonment. I hugged jin in happy tears.

The moment judgment was passed uncle went berserk and rushed towards us in an attempt to hit, but the cops grabbed hold of him, just in time.

"I won't rest until I kill you", he screamed at the top of his lungs as the cops drag him out while I stood still thoroughly spooked by the incident.

....

After the trial, I remained quite throughout the whole journey from court to the big hit office. With so much happening around me I was quite startled.

"congrats", bursting poppers the boys and few staffs shouted in unison as we entered the office. although the trial has nothing to do with them they were quite thrilled about its success, with just a few months around I guess I gained a big family.

"so what happened at the court? How did he end up with lifelong imprisonment? Spill us some beans", Seohyun gushed. I looked upon sejin and jin for an explanation not answering her question.

"actually we predicted your uncle might target the eye witness our only evidence and even if we managed to safeguard him, there isn't any grantee, he might get release within few years so we decided to let him be our stake to grab bigger evidence and your uncle fell for it", jin shrugged off

"and what about Kang, uncle Chun's manager? How do you know him? Up to my knowledge, he is very loyal to him, how did you manage to get him?"

"well getting Kang into the trial was uncle Francis's idea. Your cousin luhan has assaulted Kang's  daughter and with that, his loyalty turned into vengeance-", jin replied

"luhan that son of b****, I am ashamed to call him my cousin", I muttered

"so in the end, justice won", bang pd walked inside the room to everyone's surprise. With his presence, all went on to a serious mood and dispersed out of room in no time. Although he is quite friendly they never cross the limit with him. On witnessing the sudden change of behavior of his staff he chuckled and walked up closer to us.

"Thanks for helping me in tough times", I bowed at him in respect

"so I should lookup for a replacement soon?", he asked hinting my job at big hit entertainment

"well yeah! But not so soon, I don't want to leave the work in a cliff hanger so I have planned to leave after the current album release"

"I am impressed, no wonder jin is after you", he smirked surprising the boys

"sejin, order ice cream for the whole crew and that's my treat", he told to sejin

The moment I heard ice cream, my happiness doubled and eyes twinkled in joy.

"I heard the story behind ice cream from staffs", he smiled at me and left the room

Aish... even he has heard about it, yeonjun was right I got quite famous because of the incident

While I was mentally scolding myself for the incident on the other hand the boys were quite shocked by bang pd behavior.

"whoa! is that bang pd", jin exclaimed

"I have never seen this side of him", jimin gasped

"and what did he say 'impressed', he has never said that even to jungkook", namjoon added

While they were busy bickering about bang pd behavior, I enjoyed my ice cream not minding them.

.....

Done and dusted with the recording, we departed from the office to home in two cars with myself, jin, jk, and hobi in a car and the rest in another car. Just when the car is about to start, sejin came running towards us with an icebox in his hands.

"wait, here, take this I saved this for both of you", saying so he handed me and jk the box.

On opening the box we were excited to witness more ice creams in it before we could grab one each, jin snatched the box from us.

"yah! jin what's up with you? Give it back", I frowned

"no, you two have eaten a lot already"

"Hyung", jk whined

"jk you have one more song to be recorded, do you want to mess that up", jin threatened jk and with that jk backed off

"But I don't have anything, I can eat right?", I asked blinking my eyes trying hard to be cute but nothing worked out

"With the weather like this do you want to end up in the hospital?", he pointed the snowfall outside

"but-"

"I don't want to hear any nonsense, you are not eating it and that's final", he stated in a serious tone. Not able to convince him I huffed and turned aside sulking hard meanwhile hobi was giggling at us the whole time.

....

"honey!" "sweet heart?!" "are you mad at me?", jin kept on wiggling around me for my attention as we walked inside the home. Being mad at him I ignored his cry and walked up to tae and jimin who happened to reach before us.

"do guys feel sleepy? If you don't, how about we all watch a movie together", I asked out grabbing everyone's attention to which they agreed immediately 

"where are the rest?"

"yoongi and namjoon Hyung are already asleep", tae replied

"Okay, what kind of movie do you want to watch?", jimin asked

"how about a thrilling horror film? With the lights turned off and curtains closed it will be cheery on top of the cake", I exclaimed while the boys gave me a weird look.

"no I don't have such death wish", hobi laughed nervously

"to be honest when you suggested the idea you kind of looked creepy", tae added and with that, the boys started guffawing at me.

"yaah! Stop it", I whined

"how about a romantic movie?", jin asked winking at me

"let's watch something funny", I spoke to jimin ignoring jin purposefully

Finally, we agreed on watching a comedy genre movie and with that, I sat between jimin and tae. I chuckled on witnessing jin frown over me but then diverted my attention to the movie before he could notice it.