Chapter 14

Jennie's pov

As days pass on I started working with them just like other staff by helping them out in whatever way I could, trying my best to not be a freeloader. Today I joined them late at their office after the weekly check-up. While I waited for the boys outside the meeting room, I heard 'Boy in Luv' song played from another room. Out of curiosity I walked in the direction of the music, peeped into the room, and found a boy dancing for it. He was so immersed in it that he didn't notice my presence. When the song ended I clapped at him gaining his attention.

"you were good"

"thanks but may I ask who you are, cause I haven't seen you before here"

"I am Jennie and you?", as soon as I introduced myself his eyes grew wider in excitement

"oh! So you were that 'undercover trainee' girl?" "no wonder why they call you that, you look pretty just like they said, can you sing few lines", he gabbled on

"huh"

"It's your nickname among staffs and you are quite popular here, I heard a lot about you"

"like what?"

"like you are pretty, you have a sweet voice..."

"I had no clue about it", I gasped while he giggled at my response.

Jin's pov

After an hour of discussion over our next concert, we came out of the hall exhausted. Once we are out my eyes automatically wandered in search of Jennie, Just then we heard her laugh from a room at the corner of the floor and barged into it.

"what's going on?", I asked her who is now laughing with a stranger.

"ah! You guys are back?", she replied finally looking at me.
"who is he?"

"I am Yeonjun a trainee here, it's nice to meet you", the boy bowed in respect as he introduced himself.

"I was actually waiting for you but then heard him dance to your song and ended up here", she added

"We have lots of work to be completed and we're waiting for you but here you are laughing with some trainee" I blurted out

"Hyung, don't be so hard on her", jimin supported her.

As we walk back dragging her along with us she called out his name and waved at him as if they were long term friends. I wonder what kind of a spell he used on her that she was so into the conversation, laugh at his stupid jokes, and not even spare me a glance.

....

Now we are on the car way back home

"so what happened? why there was a sudden meeting?", she initiated the conversation

"It wasn't sudden it's the usual meeting before the concert"

"concert? When? Where?", she asked all excited

"In few weeks, here at hometown, you went for the check up right? What did they say?"

"probably by next week I would be bidding you guys farewell", she said hinting that her hand is quite healed. Just by the thought of her leaving the town made me sad.

"jk by chance did you feature in some kind of an ad alone?", she asked him pointing the posters by the street

"ah! You are talking about it... all those were done by the army for his birthday which is in 2 days", hoseok answered her

....

When it was almost midnight, I heard a knock on the door and it was Jennie. She dragged me and suga all the way to Jimin's room with her tiny arms gesturing us to follow her in silence. I smiled at her antics, entered the room and found all of us except for Jungkook.

"Why have you gathered us at midnight?"

"to discuss jk's surprise birthday party", she answered all excited

"it's been years we have done something like this for jk, let's do it this time", jimin added

"Even if we do something we can't hide from him for long he knows us well"

"well I can help you and he won't find out", Jennie replied

"So what's your plan?", I asked her well aware that by now she might have made up something on her mind.

....

After few hours of practice, we headed to the staff area for lunch. I stopped on my way noticing Jennie speaking up with her so-called new friend yeonjun.

"what's going on?" I felt someone tap my shoulder trying to get my attention

"I don't know...", I said not taking my eyes off from them

"oh, that boy again? Why is he here?" namjoon asked the question which was actually running on my mind.

"I heard he is one of the backup dancer for V's solo", hoseok answered walking to us.

"why would they pick him, out of everyone", I muttered

"she doesn't know anyone here except us. so it's good to see that she getting a new friend to chat on", namjoon said

"new friend! Him? She could have looked out for someone better. Oh, wonderful! Now Jimin and tae also had to join them", I scoffed noticing them

"what's wrong with you Hyung?", hobi asked worriedly. I ignored his question and walked out of the room as I didn't want to look at them anymore.

I tried ignoring the question that kept popping up in my head as I walked away

Why is it bothering me so much?

"Hyung, is something bothering you?" namjoon asked as he followed me outside.

"nothing I am just here for some fresh air", I covered up

"by chance are you jealous that it's not you out there with Jennie?", his question caught me off guard.

"no... nope, why would I? it's just that I don't want her to feel uncomfortable with so many people around her", I lied

"Hyung do you have feelings towards her?", he asked wiggling his eyebrows.

I objected to it immediately but then was confused myself.

Jennie's pov

While I was busy working with the staffs I felt a tap on my shoulder and It was Yeonjun.

"what are you doing here?", I asked surprised by his sudden visit.

"Is this what you ask someone first?", he frowned

while we continue our talk I could feel someone glaring in our direction and I turned around to noticed it to be jin. His eyes were literally shooting daggers at yeonjun. Later when jimin and tae joined us I expected him also to join us but rather he walked away.

"yeonjun why aren't you calling her noona?", tae question brought me back into the conversation

"even she doesn't call you guys Oppa?", he answered turning the wheels towards me.

"yaah! Yeonjun ah! That's different this is different-"

"why is that different?", jimin cut me off

"He is right you must call us Oppa why aren't you calling us Oppa?", tae countered

"So who are you going to call Oppa first?", yeonjun asked adding more fuel to the fire.

Aish! This little brat!

I glared at yeonjun for dragging me into this topic for which he chuckled in response.

its not that I don't want to call them oppa, ever since I have met them I've been used to call them by their names and just couldn't adapt myself to it all of a sudden.