What's wrong with today??

Something felt wrong today. It wasn't just the news that had gotten him in trouble with his parents – and possibly the shareholders. He's gone through this before. It should be nothing, but something's off...and it's bothering him like crazy!

Jeongguk threw his keys on the coffee table and took out his phone from the pocket of his jeans. It's 9:35am and nothing else. No emails, messages or missed calls. Why is it so quiet? And where is his driver – he should be downstairs 20 minutes ago?

He unlocks his phone and dialed Mr Choi's number. It's ringing but no one's picking up. He's probably driving – give the guy a break! He threw his phone on the bed and makes his way to the bathroom. It's nothing...it's nothing...

He took his time in the shower, thinking of what he's going to do today. Fly back to Busan – oh yeah, get the flight ticket! He's been calling his PA along his walk back here from the hotel coffeehouse but she's not picking up. Which is weird because she always picks up – even in her sleep! She's too afraid of him to ignore his calls like this.

Not to say that Jeongguk is a terrible boss, it's just that she's filling in temporarily while his actual assistant is on her maternity leave and she's always fumbling around for some reason. It annoyed him sometimes, but Jeongguk had to constantly remind himself that the girl just graduated and is probably finding it hard to keep up with him.

I mean...he wasn't terrible, but he wasn't exactly the easiest person to work with either. But it wasn't anything big – no, he hadn't even raised his voice to her yet! Jeongguk just knows what he wants and how he likes things to be done most of the time. He will tell his staff once and only once. Only a few of his people could keep up and that includes his actual PA.

So this temp-girl not answering his calls today is really poking that temper, just waiting to lash out. Wasn't it only last week that she had come in late – twice?? Maybe it's time he asks Human Resources to give him new CVs. He checks his phone again after the shower and when he found nothing, Jeongguk types a quick email to the Head of HR.

That's done...now...flight ticket!

...

"Are you serious?! You're on the train now?" Taehyung's surprised voice is embarrassing to hear but Jeongguk just laughed it off – holding in his anxiety and still trying to not think of the worst.

"Look, no one's answering my calls. I think my dad did something...I saw a couple of guys standing by the lobby and I'm pretty sure I've seen one of them with my dad before –"

"What, like security?"

"Yeap. And I tried getting a plane ticket but my accounts are frozen off –"

"Holy shit! It's dead serious now isn't it? You don't think –"

"I don't know man...I couldn't think much anymore,"

"How much cash do you have in hand though?"

"Enough to get home –"

"Look, why don't you just get off now, I'll pick you up and drive you there myself,"

"Nahh it's okay. It's already moving anyways. I'll update,"

"Well, damn! If this doesn't convince your dad, I don't know what will! Why didn't you just get on your damn heli or something -"

"I can't – I told you, no one's picking up my calls! Hey, I'm finding my seat, I gotta go,"

"Okay, update us once you reached Busan –"

Jeongguk can't help but chuckled at the situation he's put himself in. Never in his entire life had he ever been on this thing – yes, say what you want – but he's actually excited about it! He fixed his cap and glanced at the ticket in his hand. 13-B...okay...let's see...this shouldn't be too hard...