Home is whenever I'm with you

Jeongguk's breath hitched when he saw her walking out from the room. Thank you, Chaeyoung!! He had asked the girl to accompany Lisa on picking out a dress for the Korean Annual Brand & Technology Award Gala tonight and she didn't disappoint!

The single off-shoulder, silver-satin dress looks magnificent on his girlfriend. Or rather, it's her that made the dress look this good! It fits her perfectly, making Jeongguk sweat nervously at the prospect of walking beside her. Would he look good enough?

"Um...what do you think?" She looked down shyly, fixing the long, wavy hair she placed across one side of her shoulder. Her bangs sat perfectly on her forehead, her eye makeup looks perfectly sultry, and her perfect, plump lips are painted in bold red. She looks like a goddess - how did he get so lucky?!

"Kooki!"

Jeongguk snapped and cleared his throat, feeling thirsty all of a sudden. "You um...you look amazing - I uh...I -"

"Why are you nervous?" Her bright smile appeared and Jeongguk realised how he's scratching his neck. She sauntered towards him and reached out to fix his bow tie. "You look so handsome...I'm so lucky,"

Her voice pleads seductively. Is she serious?? 

"I'm the lucky one here...trust me, I've been to these events before and I've never seen anyone looking like the million-dollar like you are right now,"

"Pshh...you're just saying that cus you like me," She tapped on his chest.

"Correction - I don't like you, I'm in love with you. And no, I'm not only saying it just cus...I said it cus it's true. But...you're missing something," 

He took the velvety, Cartier box and another blue Tiffany & Co. on the coffee table behind him. "You can choose,"

Lisa eyes him speculatively before opening the Cartier - revealing a sparkling beauty of an emerald and diamond necklace. The chunky and fancy piece wasn't particularly his type, but he wasn't sure if it's hers.

"Wow...it's beautiful!" She gasped, tracing it close but not quite touching it. "It looks heavy..."

He wanted to laugh at her scared, frowning face. Cute! "You can try it first,"

She pursed her lips and decided to open the other box. In it is a diamond vine necklace - leaner than the previous. She smiled and Jeongguk's heart fluttered. He picked this on his own...and she likes it!

"I had it customised," He took it out and showed the small, metal heart attached at the end of the hook. Engraved on it is 'J&L' with another heart symbol underneath.

"I love it! Can you help me -" She spun around and stretched her neck a bit to the front. Jeongguk held his breath as he fixed the necklace around her delicate skin. It still amazed him how she could still affect him like this - over and over again. Her skin is hot against his cold fingers - even the slightest brush made her shudder.

"Done," He planted a small kiss on her bare shoulder and closed his arms around her body. "Can we just skip the event? I just wanna stay with you like this,"

"Aish...we know how much you love your bragging rights. You'd regret it later and whine like a baby,"

He laughed. She's so right! "You know me so well already. But the only thing I wanna brag tonight is having you by my side,"

"Why are you so sweet all of a sudden?"

"I'm always sweet to you - what are you even -"

She cuts him off by turning around and kiss his cheek.