Worth the Risk

"Hi," He flashed his best smile, despite feeling nervous as hell. She stood there...frozen...with a straight face he remembered well, just like their first encounter on the train. Is she glaring at him - he can't tell.

He would've waited until Monday to strategise better instead of appearing right this second without so much of a plan on what to say if it weren't for Chaeyoung, insisting to reschedule the freaking date! Damn, Taehyung would laugh his ass off for all the efforts he'd put in....coming up with a non-existent project just to make Lisa busy enough for the day and for a chance to meet - what an amateur Guk!

Her friend is smiling awkwardly at him, and somehow Jeongguk felt confident enough that Lisa hadn't said anything bad about what happened between them. Let me guess...

"You must be Chaeyoung...hi,"

"Oh...hey, aren't you Jeon Jeongguk? Wait - how'd you know my name? Lisa, he knows my name!"

So everyone close to her calls her 'Lisa'. Hmm... "Yeah um...Lisa told me about you,"

She's still not saying anything...is she even breathing?? Should he call an ambulance to standby -

"You know him?? Lisa!" Chaeyoung shook her a bit and she blinked a couple of time - looking so cute Jeongguk can't help his wide smile.

"Yeah! Um...yeah...he knows your name - he knows my name. Let's go," She tried to grab her friend's hand to leave but Chaeyoung halted her tracks. Jeongguk makes a mental note to be nice to the girl - even if she tried to pair Lisa up with someone else. She could be his ticket to Lisa's heart now.

"Yahh it's still raining -"

"Where are you two heading? I can give you a ride -"

"That won't be necessary, Jeongguk-ssi," Lisa gave him a piercing look that could possibly drive any guy running. But not him...no, she's been absent for far too long, Jeongguk can't let her leave again!

"Wait...you two know each other?"

"Yes," He said, the same time as her saying 'no'. Okay...this is awkward. But Jeongguk couldn't stop looking at her. He missed being this close to her!

"Okay, obviously you two know each other...and something happened," Chaeyoung crossed her arms and glares onto Lisa.

"Chae, let's just go,"

"Lisa, please...I need to talk to you," Jeongguk pleads when he realised how she couldn't look at his face. Does she hates him that much - of course she hates you!

"There's really nothing to talk about. If you don't mind, we have somewhere to be," She made a move to leave. No, no! If she's not letting him speak now, Monday wouldn't be any different!

Jeongguk took a step to block her path. "Please, it was a misunderstanding,"

She turned the other way, determined to ignore him but was blocked by Chaeyoung. The girl is obviously on his side for some stranger reason - or maybe she's just curious! She gave Lisa hinting looks a few times before Lisa turns back to him.

"Fine, what do you want?" Yeah...she's scary when she's angry.

"I um...I..." His free hand reaches the back of his neck and Lisa eyes his action with a knowing look. So she remembers...

"I don't have all day,"

"But it's raining. You're kinda stuck here," Fuck me and my smart mouth! "It's cold...here, have my jack -" 

"In case you forgot, I'm stronger than I look. A little rain or cold is nothing -"

"Oh, I never forget anything about you - how could I?"