A Little Bit More

"What's there?" She asked as they walked out of the restaurant and towards the lobby, stopping halfway and staring to her left.

"I think it's the hotel bar,"

Jeongguk was about to continue his steps when she asked, "Wanna grab some drink?" 

...

This is a bad idea. Probably the worst idea he had ever agreed upon. And it was never - I mean, NEVER - a bad idea to go drinking with a beautiful girl! But this isn't just any beautiful girl. He's already smitten with her - sitting here is like accepting the universe test on him. It's a handshake, agreeing to take on anything it will throw at him - which he gladly would, if it's other than feeling like he's in a staring contest. Not with the girl but with all these men gawking at her!

A lady who knows exactly what she wants and can confidently down it through so sophisticatedly - while looking like such a bad ass, how is that even possible?? - is sexy as hell, and Jeongguk knows he's not the only one who's trying not to drool. She ordered herself another whisky - who even! - the only people he knew who drink whisky are his guy friends and his dad! None of the girls he went out with had ever drank any sorts of hard liquors...not in front of him at least.

They always like to drink pretty drinks with pretty names. But there she was - tapping the bar as if she'd been a regular there - telling the barista exactly how she likes it. He can't really blame all these men, including the barista - who kept winking at her every time they made eye contact, it's starting to piss him off - but it bothers him...a lot. 

He's used to feeling proud whenever a pretty girl is locked in his arms. He even welcomed it when men stared at them - it made him feel superior in a way. But Lalisa's not in his arms. No...she's in her seat, which is at a comfortable distance beside his. Two guys have already pushed themselves in to somehow get her distracted. Courageous...but in no way successful. 

Jeongguk kept counting his luck when she turned them down and focused back to him. She probably didn't want to make him uncomfortable and it irritates the hell out of him because he didn't know what to do! He wanted to mark his territory. He never wanted to be Jeon Jeongguk so bad until now! But he can't because this...he's totally clueless about this!

He can't simply stand up and be a man about it - she'd think he's making a move or something! Well...of course he wants to 'make a move', but he's scared! He can't take the rejection from her - he wouldn't know what to do with it! It will be embarrassing...and probably takes away the chemistry they've been having that he won't get any chances ever again in the future!

No...Jeongguk has a plan and he's going to stick with it. He's going to wait. He's going to be friends with her first - well, to be completely honest with himself, Jeongguk is 80% sure that Lalisa has friendzoned him! But what is he supposed to do - she just broke up in the worst way possible - she won't want a guy confessing to her now! Especially someone with a resembling background to her ex...but worse. At least the ex is still in the family tree.

"I miss home," She sighed, looking down to her drink. "Maybe I should go back for a while,"

"A while? Like...how long?"

"A week? Maybe a month?"

"A month?!" Was he shouting? Yes. Did it scare her? Maybe a little. "I mean...a month?" Jeongguk fixed his tone. "Would work be okay with that?"

"Yeah...maybe not a month," She laughs. "Work will probably whine a lot," 

As she stares at the glass in front of her, he can't help but felt really bad. It's one of those feelings...like you want to help someone but you can't. And it seems like there's nothing you can do, even if you're ready to drop everything right that second. She's too strong, it makes him feel helpless.