12 Minutes & 3 Hours - Pt II

"Kook..." Her lips formed in a slight pout as she tested the name. "You'd get along well with my dad...he's a chef,"

Huh? What does that have to do with -

"Get it?" She leans forward. "He's a chef...and he likes to...cook -" She bursts out laughing. "I'm sorry - that's lame!" 

Oh...she's laughing at her own stupid joke, knowing well of how stupid it is - can she be any more perfect?! Jeongguk gritted his teeth and clenched his jaw, suppressing the urge to squeeze her puffy pink cheeks and just kiss her here! Who cares if they're at the side of a street with all these people walking about! 

"I'm sorry..." She's trying so hard to gather herself, obviously - fanning her blushing cheeks and taking deep breaths to stop the laughter, only to start laughing again. Jeongguk just stared at the girl with a smile, his heart is now calmer than before. God knows how fast it was beating since he saw her blotchy face appearing from the restroom. He tried so hard to act as casual as possible to not crowd her space.

He really wants to know who those people are. He already made a mental note to find out and dig up all their dirty details. How dare they make a fool of a lady like this! Especially the mother! How could a woman treats another woman like this? Planning a trap to hurt the girl just to get her point across - that's low-class mentality at it's worst! 

And how could she think Lalisa is a 'golddigger' - look at her! I mean...of course, they come in different masks - but the girl never questioned about buying him lunch AND had even offered to eat at a proper restaurant. Jeongguk's pretty sure she was going to pay for his train ticket later without him having to say anything! Which brings him to his next question - why else would the mother not like her?

"Are you done? Should I get some tissues for you?" He teased, making her laugh louder now with one hand gripping the package tightly to her stomach and the other still on the half-eaten hotdog. Cute!

"Yahh you're scaring people...stop already..." He whined.

"I'm sorry!" She tries to compose herself back in front of him, forcing a straight face. "So um..." She looks like she's about to laugh again. "Help me out here...tell me something else - oh, something serious, please or I might laugh again -" 

She's weirdly demanding...but he likes it. She looks more comfortable with him now. "Okay, okay...um...shit I have nothing,"

"Why are you going to Busan?"

"To see my parents,"

"Oh...they're there? So you're not from Seoul?"

"No, I was born in Busan. My work is in Seoul but my family has a few businesses here and there. But hometown's in Busan,"

"Oh, what kinds of businesses?"

"Ahh...a bit of this and that," 

"Ooo...so secretive..." She squints her eyes accusingly at him. He realised now that he never had to explain much about himself to someone because...well, because they would already know who he is. So he's quite clueless at how to start without sounding like he's bragging about his family's status. This is new. Jeongguk loves bragging! But he also likes the fact that Lalisa has no idea who he is...so yeah, it's confusing. "So you visit often?"

"Not as much as I'd like to...but I talk to my dad like, almost every day," Because he reports to him about work.

"That's nice...I wish my parents are closer so I could talk and see them all the time,"

"Are they in Thailand?" She nods and takes another bite. "How often do you go back?"

"Mm...I went back for Christmas. I try to go back every long holidays...it gets a bit lonely here when everyone's with their families,"