A Step Ahead

2 Months Later

---

'Mr Jackson Wang is on the line, sir,'

Jeongguk picked up the phone immediately. 

'Please say you have good news for me'

He heard a chuckle from the other end. 

'Rough day huh? Well Jackson's here to the rescue - I have good news for you! Emailing it to you now - check it'

'Thanks' He hung up and refreshed his inbox - downloading the attachment that Jackson just sent.

It's an unethical code of practice, but he's out of options. The last 2 months had been agonisingly painful for him - especially around nighttime. She never left his mind - not even for a day! He's been beating himself up since. All the what-ifs that he could think of will visit him night after night...making him question his stupidity ten times worse each day! Like - how could he forget to even ask the most basic questions?!

Isn't there like a manual on these things: Getting to Know a Person 101 or something?? He really needs it! Hwang's questions in the car - as furious Jeongguk was at him - made him realise what kind of an idiot he was. A pitiful one - that's what!

Basic question 1: Which part in Seoul do you live? Basic question 2: Where do you work? So he covered what she does for a living, but how many photographers are out there in Seoul? How many creative agencies and how many list of employees is he supposed to look at? Granted, he thought he'd have more time to ask more questions but how could he not be on his feet at the time?

He could've at least asked for her full name! They slept together and it meant something - the world even - for God's sake! All he's stuck with to search online since then is 'Lalisa - Korea - from Thailand - has cats'. None of which provided him the answers he wanted. Even typing in 'Jeong Jaehyun girlfriend' - as much as he hates it - gave him nothing! How is it even possible that they've been together for 3 years but there were no traces of the girl anywhere in any news outlets online??

What was he to do then? Those eyes kept appearing in his dreams since he got back and Jeongguk's determination is not something to play around with! So he did what any reasonable guy-with-money-and-power would do. He rushed his engineers to perfect the tracking system for Jackson and get Jackson to track her down. Sounds simple but it really wasn't.

He had to stay up until the early hours of mornings with his software engineers to ensure they could do it exactly how Jackson wanted it. He had to give them a bit of bonus when it got done. Then there's this small issue on the tracking system. A big one actually.

The software was made to store the particulars in stages, from a long ass list of registered companies...and they started syncing it following alphabetical orders. So he had to wait...until now. Okay...let's see if the wait is finally over...

Name: Lalisa 'Pranpriya' Manoban
Place of Birth: Buri Ram, Thailand
Date of Birth: 27 March 1997 / 22 years old

Hah...I knew you're older than me!

Address: 581 Dohwa-Dong, Mapo-Gu, Seoul 121-040, South Korea / Registered: Park Chaeyoung

Oh yeah...she mentioned it's her friend's house. Fancy area...

Mobile No: +820 312 2719

Maybe I can call her? Would she pick up to an unknown number? Just try it...

Jeongguk dialed her number and waited anxiously. 3 rings later, he heard her voice. Her sweet, little 'annyeong'...how he miss the sound of her voice! Her beautiful face lingers in his mind as there are muffling sounds in the background. She kept repeating the word but Jeongguk couldn't speak. What should he say...how...