I Like Him

Lisa couldn't sleep. She'd been tossing and turning for an hour now, and all she could think of is the guy next door. He was right. How weird is it that she's not angry or crying over Jaehyun right now? It's bad enough that he'd been MIA for the whole week - all the while Lisa thought he was busy or stressed about work - turned out he was preparing for a marriage!

The thing is...if she has any anger in her, it's only towards Mrs Jeong. I mean, she could've just said it on the phone - she didn't have to make Lisa come all the way here just to prove a point. It's not even a surprise anymore at this point - Lisa knew it was too good to be true! Her pettiness just proven to be on another level out of this world!

But if Mrs Jeong didn't do it, then Lisa wouldn't have met Jeon Jeongguk. The pair of doe eyes that shined like the moon came back in her mind. He looked so incredibly adorable...and handsome...and sexy, back there at the bar. The way his fluffy, slightly curled hair fell nicely on his forehead...how he kept staring at her lips...and how vulnerable he looked when he muttered those words...

'I really wanna kiss you right now'

Lisa's heart starts fluttering crazily as she kicks the air on the bed. Oh God - why is she feeling like this?! This is so new...so unlike anything she'd ever experienced with Jaehyun and she didn't know what to do! How awful of a person is she to be feeling this way towards a guy she just met not even 24 hours before instead of her own boyfriend she'd known for 3 years??

Worst part is...she really wanted to kiss him too. She knew it but she was just too scared! He's a 'somebody' - one of Jaehyun's kinds. Is this just another set up from the universe? From what she'd heard, Jeon Jeongguk probably had more experience with women than Jaehyun had with her alone - although she didn't even do much with the guy but that's not the point - how is she supposed to feel about letting him kiss her?

Calm down...he probably won't even remember her name tomorrow! Probably...but you'd like to see it don't you? You want him to prove you wrong, for some reason. Admit it, you want to see him again...and again...everyday...that's why you bought that train ticket right? You weren't ready to leave just yet. That dummy monkey is just an excuse - you knew it.

Lisa sighed at that little voice inside. It's true...she didn't even realise throughout their journey together - how she'd slowly and unconsciously fallen for him. Before she even knew who he was. What was it exactly...his persistent and arrogant ways to get her attention? Or the unspoken sweet gestures that he didn't seem to even realise he was doing for her?

It just felt very natural with him. He's so easy to talk with - even easier to joke around with! Their communications are on the same wavelengths and Lisa didn't have to force herself into listening to him. He's charming and he didn't even have to try. He's very smart...and at times when he talks about the more serious matters, it seemed like he's really passionate about it.

Saying that, he's also not afraid to speak his mind. It didn't bother her, as it's a quality Lisa always admired in a man as it reminds her of her father. Granted, he hadn't been honest about revealing himself to her before - but now that he did, she can see how he's trying to share every single details about himself. 

She recalls their conversation at the bar earlier. Lisa was smiling fondly at the guy, listening to him talking about the gaming software he dreamed of developing and wanting to pitch the idea to his father. Lisa's not really a gamer, but the way he spoke about it with such intensity was just too adorable for her not to listen.

It's quite amazing actually. She's not really the type that could easily be swayed - what more being seduced - into the 'first world problems' topics. But at that moment, all she wanted was to jump on him and tell him how ridiculously sexy he sounded! Maybe it's the whisky...or maybe there's just something about him that she really can't ignore.

He's head-strong and some-what boastful - definitely! Persistent too - always trying to get her to talk to him. At times he seemed really serious, but regardless of how his moods changes, he's always looking so damn fine! There's that small voice in her head, shouting 'Danger!' but she just can't help it! She's more attuned to him than the alarm - what is it that she's feeling for this guy?!

Anyways, Lisa had probably bit more than she could chew, since she gave him the encouragement to go forth and actually pitch the idea to his father.  Not only that - when he seemed reluctant and nervous about the idea, she even stepped it up by saying she'd accompany him to his parents' house tomorrow! Stupid, yes...but did it gave him hope and made his eyes twinkle like the depths of galaxy's abyss? Damn right!

Lisa sighed again at the memory of his flustered face, right before they walked out of that bar. Maybe it's just a temporary thing. Maybe she's feeling all these things because of what happened with Jaehyun? But then...why does she think about Jeon Jeongguk more than she should be thinking about her ex?

It's because I like him. Lisa smiles to herself at the revelation. He could be as he said - better than what she perceived. And she'd like to see it. Even if nothing happens between them, she will still feel the proudest if she could witness it. They had such a good chemistry so far...it could be that they're destined to be good friends?

...