Pretty Days Ahead

"Why are you staring at me like that? Is there something wrong with my face?" Lalisa climbed on the bed and sat facing him. She rubs both her cheeks with a frown, as Jeongguk kept smiling. He's been staring at her every movement since she stepped out from the bathroom. 

"There's nothing on your face baby. Just so pretty,"

"You're being weird," She leaned back a little and eyes him speculatively. "What are you thinking?" 

Jeongguk sighed and reached for her tiny waist, pulling her to be closer next to him. 

"I was just recalling our misunderstanding last month...and how lucky I am that you're still here,"

She lets out a small laugh. "Which one - there were so many!"

"Yahh what do you mean 'there were so many'? The gala -"

"Ahh that one...what was it about again?"

That's one of the reasons why he became more and more comfortable talking to her - she doesn't hold things in her heart for long! She's positive all the time and she makes him want to be positive as well. Any mistakes that can be fixed shouldn't be held to define a person - not after it's fixed especially, as what she used to say.

"Doesn't matter anymore. I'm just feeling grateful,"

She looks up with a warm smile. "My sensitive bunny..." She kissed his cheek, making him giggle shyly to her hand in his.

"Yes...yours. Um...I wanted to ask you...do you think your parents will like me?"

"I know my mom already do - she's already so excited for our trip back home. My dad...well...he probably wouldn't right away, but that's cus I'm his little princess so he's always a bit protective,"

"Like how he was with Jaehyun?"

Lalisa turned silent and her gaze became softer. Jeongguk felt embarrassed all of a sudden to be asking the question, but he's been nervous for a while now and he felt like he should tell her. She's met his parents before and there was no doubt since day one that they loved her. But that's because she's her - what's not to love?

Jeongguk - on the other hand - has never met to impress a girl's parents before and he's worried that he might be awkward at it. What if they don't like him? What if her father finds him boring, just like he did with Jaehyun? What if they don't think he's deserving of her hand in marriage - would they ask her to leave him, and would she do it?

Lalisa climbs to sit on his lap and cups his face to bring it up. He could drown in her gaze forever...

"I know you're worried. But you don't have to be. You spoke to them before -"

"On the phone, and just to your mom,"

"Yes, and she loves you. I know my dad...he takes a bit of time to warm up to someone. You shouldn't worry if he'll like you or not,"

"I worry cus I need their blessings -"

"And you'll get it, I promise! I know for a fact that he'll love you too -"

"Okay but in case he doesn't and he asked you to break it off...would you -"

"I will punch you in the face if you allow that to happen -"

"Me? But what if you're the one -"

"For the thousandth time Kooki, I won't leave you! I love you so much - my heart hurts if I don't see you for even half a day - do you think I could ever leave you??"

Oh... "Your heart hurts when I'm at the office?" This is news to him and he can't stop from grinning like a fool!

"Yes and it's freaking embarrassing so can you please stop doubting me now when I say I won't leave you??" She hangs her head back as if she's too frustrated but he doesn't mind...he could hear that tone all day - fuck that, he could hear it for his entire life and he'll never be tired of it!