In an ideal world...

Jeongguk takes another sip from the glass. Damn, that was fun! He never spoke about his 'dream game' with anyone aside from Taehyung and Jimin before. And there he was, blabbing about it to the girl like a child! He thought she won't be able to keep up but the girl kept surprising him at every turn. It's amazing how much inputs she provided in such a short time!

"You're okay?" Her eyes are shining under these reflective lights, convincing Jeongguk even more of how the lead character in his first ever game will look like. "You don't look okay...are you tired?"

"No...I'm good,"

"If you're tired, you can head up first. I'll be -"

"And leave you here with all these men? No!" 

She giggled at his frowning face. "Aww...you think someone's gonna make a move on me?"

"I don't think Lalisa. The last 2 completely ignored my existence, imagine if I'm not even here,"

"And you're worried because..."

"Cus..." Is she seriously asking him that? Anyone wise and responsible enough would be worried, not just him! "Well cus..."

"You're nervous,"

"Hmm?"

"See...you do that every time you're nervous," She points to the hand rubbing the back of his neck. "I noticed that. Why are you nervous?"

Because you're making me - stop looking at me like that!!

"Come on, let's dance!" She grabbed his hand excitedly. Did she notice the slight tremble? "You can't say no. Otherwise I'll be dancing with 'all these men'," 

Worst. Idea. Ever.

...

When he was in school, he had an ideal girl. Someone like IU - the sweet-looking Korean singer whose face are always smiling on every stations and posters. All the girls he'd been with since would somehow have those traits. They're composed, elegantly soft-spoken and sweet-looking - just like IU.

The girl that's in front of him now is so different than those girls. Her hair bounced and flew wildly with her every movement. Her expression changes as the music goes - looking cute and sweet one minute and undoubtedly seductive the next. Jeongguk had never felt his heart beating this hard before. Not for a girl at least...and she's not even touching him! 

Yes...she just set a new benchmark! She's his ideal type now. Everything about her radiates charisma. She's still in the same preppy dress, but somehow different than the girl he first met on the train. She's not the usual type of perfection that he's been hearing or seeing throughout his life but for some reason, right here and right now, she's perfect in his eyes. And the way she's dancing in front of him this second...

He's not the only one hypnotised by the way her body moves. He could feel eyes around them as she waved her body in such fluidity and passion - although he couldn't look away to find those spectators. His eyes are solely plastered on her. Is she a dancer? She looks like a pro. This is the same bubbly girl who kept teasing him with lame jokes right? The same girl who was stomping in tiny - how is it even possible that she could be this hot?!

She turned and bumped close to him, resting her palms on his chest. Her familiar scent fills the air he breathes, and Jeongguk's heart races even more. She looks up to him with those heady eyes and he stiffened at the sudden proximity between them both. Her lips parted, and now he can't take his eyes off them.

"You're heart...it's so fast," She breathes. It felt like everything had disappeared. The music became just a faint sound from a distance. There's only him and her in this dark room - her aura filling his entire world.

"You're beautiful,"

Her eyes twinkles and he saw the hint of smile curved on her plump lips. "Was that why you're nervous?"

"Yes...but that's not the only reason,"

"What else then?" She seemed braver than her previous self. Probably the alcohol...

Jeongguk pursed his lips. He's so scared right now. The warmth of her body on him is triggering all his senses and he never wanted to feel a girl's skin on his so much until now! No...actually...everything that he's feeling for this girl in just one day scares him. She's just too good to be true. How could God presents her to him in his most vulnerable state?? 

His day had started with a mess. Then came along this beautiful girl who just takes it away... Jeongguk's confident that he will remember this day for the rest of his life.

"I um...I'm not used to this,"

"Not used...to dancing?"

"No..." He can't hide his small laugh. "No...not to dancing," What should he say - how should he say it? He can't think properly - "I really wanna kiss you right now,"

Oops - there it is! Shit. Shit shit shit!!

...

In Jeongguk's ideal world, the audience would definitely cringe at how much kissing there'd be on that dance floor. But thanks to the logic of the universe...and Lalisa, they're saved from having such image to bring back home to.

It can't be any more awkward than this, but he can't wallow in the rejection for now. No, he has to act as casual as possible for her not to run. Let's not think that far, Guk - she won't leave you...not yet. Not until the train station opens tomorrow morning at least!

They got onto the elevator, two feet apart from each other. He pressed '9' and looks down to the floor. Why is it so high?! It's giving him more time to beat himself up for the mess he just made! She was already comfortable around him and he just HAD to blurt it out!

God...how could he let his stupid self be in control like that? It's too fast...too soon! She just had her heart broken! Why did you have to scare her like that?? Where's the calm and collected Jeon Jeongguk from before -

The elevator dings and opens. Lalisa walked out first, but waited for him to lead to their rooms - which are located side by side from one another.

"Um...this is you," He hands over the key card to the girl. She took it slowly and looks up to him. Her eyes are shining, but Jeongguk couldn't help but see the unsure and awkwardness in them. 

"Thank you. I um...I had a nice night, thanks to you,"

"Ahh I didn't do anything - it was just dinner, that's all -"

"And shopping, yeah..." She giggled shyly, fixing a strand of hair behind one ear. "But it was nice. Actually, I had a nice day too -"

"You did? Oh that's good...yeah...I let you win in a lot of things," He shifted on his foot and laughed out nervously. Thankfully, she laughed along too.

...