You're Hiding Something

Peyton's Pov

The three amigos brought my bags to my newly decorated room, which is awesome by the way. The walls are covered in white shiplap, the floor is a beautiful dark stained hardwood, and the bed's headboard is metal with a white bedspread. And the bathroom is just as charming. The floor consisted of large navy and grey tile, the vanity is wooden and light-stained which held several drawers, and the shower is made of white subway tile protected by a glass door. Then I saw the tub. It is all white, elegant, and standing alone, old-fashioned and just my style. My mouth hangs open, having no intention to try and close it, as I blankly stare. The others are surprised as well, possibly on the fact they've seen how much Tony cares. I mean, I'm only staying for a few days and he renovated the whole room for me! "Wow. Tony has outdone himself because this is my dream room!" The men smile at how innocent I sound, they aren't used to that. Sam chuckles, "Okay kid, but close your mouth before the flies move in." Instantly slamming my mouth shut, I give them a sweet, close-lipped smile. "Haha, okay! Well, thank you guys for carrying my things."

"You're welcome," Steve smiles back and Bucky nods.

"I've missed you, home," I mutter under my breath.

"What?"

"Oh, nothing... How about one hug for each of you in return for the help?" I walked towards Steve and gave him the biggest hug I could muster, then I did the same for Sam and Bucky. But, I whispered into Bucky's ear, "I'm glad you're doing better." He squeezed me tight in return before whispering a, "Me too." I loosened my hold on Bucky before pushing him towards the exit. "Now it's time for you guys to go, I need to get ready for lunch." Sam laughs, "Okay okay! Just don't take too long." I roll my eyes at them before pushing the three out the door. "Bye guys!" I retort before pushing my door closed. Whipping my head towards the clock, I calculate how much time I have. "So since it's eleven o'clock that means I have an hour to get ready." I can do this, I reassure myself as I drag my bags over to the bed. I unroll my clothes, fold them, and place them in their correct drawers in an identical vanity from the bathroom. Once I've completed unpacking, I pick out an outfit for me to wear the rest of the day. I'm wearing a green t-shirt, black under armor shorts, and my hair into a messy bun. I glanced at the clock which read: 11:50, as I stuffed my feet into my black Nike socks. "Time to go," I say while walking through the door and closing it. Hopefully, I don't blow it.

Tony's Pov

"Where's Peyton?"

"Oh, I guess she's still getting ready," Bucky tells me. Great, that could take a while. But, as if on cue, Peyton casually walks through the doorway, smiling and saying, "Hi everyone!" "Great now that everyone is here," I shoot an accusing look at her, "We can eat." The team either cheers or mumbles in appreciation which mostly sounded something like 'finally'. I pull Peyton into my side and we walk together towards the line. "What's for lunch?"

"Lots of sandwiches, fruit, chips, and cupcakes."

"Sweet!" I smile at her excitement as I reach over everyone and pass her a plate. We piled up food onto our plates and sit down at the table.

"So, Pey... What have you been up to the last two years?" Nat questions, raising her eyebrow.

"Uh... Not much, mostly just school."

"Did you cut your hair?" Peyton nervously tucks loose hair behind her ear.

"Sorta... yeah." I shared a look with my sister, Amy. The other Avengers were staring at Peyton now, intrigued.

"What's been going on with you guys? I don't watch the news," she admits.

"We defeated a mad titan and saved the world, nothing new" I answer nonchalantly.

Pey stares at me, mouth hanging open and a question already falling off her lips, "What!? Geez, I've been living under a rock I guess." She looks at Amy, and it almost looks like Peyton is begging her not to say anything. Changing the subject I suggest, "Hey, I have someone you should meet. You're pretty much the same age, so you guys should get along. I can ask him to stop by tomorrow?"

Peyton becomes nervous and as I remember she was always shy about meeting new people. "Sure uncle Tony!"

Wanda smiles, "Girls night tonight?"

"Oh definitely! You can come to my room, Tony renovated it and everything," she beams at them. I blush, touched that she enjoys her new room.

"By the way, thanks for that uncle, Tony."

"Of course Peyton," I give her a lipped smile in return. And as I sit here, eating and watching everyone bursting into a conversation, my niece looks so happy. I'm grateful that she's had a wonderful childhood, much better than everyone sitting at this table. I just hope she stays this happy and whatever was bothering her to be forgotten.

Author's note: Hey guys! This one is a little short because the next one might be pretty long... I'm thinking this series will only be a few parts/ a short series. Anyways, enjoy!