All Good Now

Peyton's Pov

Earlier... was hard. Not gonna lie. But, you have no idea how great it feels now that I've told them. I can finally act my self around them, no secrets. Well, no secrets from me at least. And after dominating Sam and Clint in Mario Kart, I've since retreated into my room. It's time for some me-time. "FRIDAY, put on my favs playlist please," I ask nicely.

"Of course, Miss Thomas. Shall I shuffle your playlist also?"

"Yes, thanks Fri."

"You're Welcome," he sincerely replies as the music begins to play. I belt my heart out to all my favorite songs while dancing around the room, pretending to be on camera. First was Drunk On a Plane, a country song. Next was Billie Jean, an oldie. A rock song called Back in Black. Then, came Humble, a catchy rap song. Many more songs filtered through the speakers, my response was to turn it up louder. And now, I'm dancing to Rude Boy by Rihanna. My hands are waving above my head, my hips are swinging, and my legs are attempting to actually dance. Nearing my favorite part I yell to FRIDAY, "TURN IT UP!"

Tonight I'ma let you be the captain

Tonight I'ma let you do your thing, yeah

Tonight I'ma let you be a rider

Giddy up, giddy up, giddy up, babe

Tonight I'ma let it be fire

Tonight I'ma let you take me higher

Tonight, baby, we can get it on, yeah

We could get it on, yeah

Do you like it, boy, I want, want, want what you want, want, want

Give it to me, baby, like boom, boom, boom

What I want, want, want is what you want, want, want,

Na, Na

I'm letting loose, showing my inner fun and goofy self. I chuckle at my nonexistent dance moves before sashaying across the room. I let out a sigh as the throwback song fades out and slow clapping and bursts of laughter startle me. Snapping my eyes open, I glare at the men who have obviously been around long enough to see my show. Bucky stumbles towards me, gasping for air and laughing, "Wow, that was interesting." Groaning in response, I cover my face with my hands, mortified.

"How long were you guys standing there?"

"Long enough," Steve answers.

"Too long," Tony mumbles.

"Oh, shut up. I was having fun," I point out. "Anyways, why are you all here? You need something?"

Uncle Tony walks forward, "We wanted to invite you to lunch with us."

"Sounds good. Let me just grab some things... I can meet you in the garage?"

"Yep, see you there," Sam replies and heads out of my room, the rest following. I hurriedly search my room for my tan leather purse, stuff my Burt's Bees' chapstick inside, and jog towards the elevator.

Tony's Pov

"There she is! Geez, what took you so long."

"I was gone for like two minutes," she questions, then steps up into the Jeep. Once we're all settled in, I ask Peyton some questions, just to make sure she is okay.

"So Peyton, how was freshman year?"

Groaning, she responds, "It was stressful, a little bit challenging, but it went by very fast." I nod along in response, as do the others.

"What about your grades? How'd you do?" Steve questions.

"Actually, I did great. All A's, even if some were an A-," she smiles and I smile back. I'm glad she's doing well, but I'm not surprised... Peyton has stark genes after all.

"So, do you have a boyfriend?" Bucky asks, more like questions protectively. I swerve the car at his question.

"Woah, careful! And to answer your question... no. I do not have a boyfriend or even a guy friend. I'm still working my way back up in the friend department after being gone so long," she sighs. Phew, good thing too or else I'd fly over to Michigan and give the kid a good talking to.

I decide to change the subject, "How's your summer been so far, kiddo?"

"Really good. A few weeks ago I got back from the UK with my Orchestra," she says proudly.

I let my surprised expression show, "Woah what? Tell us all about it over lunch because we're here." We leave the car and stroll into an old-fashioned diner called Pops.

Peyton's Pov

This diner is so cool, I'm internally squealing! ....Anyways we found a seat and ordered our drinks, just water for me. Now, I'm studying the menu, but I know I'm ordering a burger anyways. Once everyone ordered, we picked up our last conversation.

Sam, who is sitting across from me, leans over, "So, how was your trip?"

I grin, "It was...really good. We went to Liverpool, Stratford Upon Avon, Cardiff, Stonehenge, Greenwich, and London. Our orchestra played three different venues, either in cathedrals or churches. But, all of the architecture was beautiful. And our tour guide was this adorable old lady!" I could tell they were intrigued, based on their faces. They also had genuine smiles at my innocence.

"That sounds amazing, Peyton," Bucky beams.

"Man, it was... The only reason I want school to start is so I can see everyone again. I got pretty close with a couple of people and before you say anything, they are all girls," I chuckle. The waiter returns carrying five baskets of food, all burgers with fries. We chow down while chatting and laughing, mostly catching up. But now, I really don't want to leave.

Author's note: Hey! So sorry for not updating sooner, I've been really busy! Anyways I will be leaving for a trip on Wednesday and won't be updating until I come back early August. To get the full effect you should listen to Rude Boy by Rihanna, haha. Well, I hope you guys enjoy it!