Danger Ahead

I know. It's been forever! Hope you enjoy:)

Warning: Implied sexual assault on a minor.

 -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Friday, turn it up!" I spun around my room happily as the upbeat music flooded the room.

I was talking with a friend of mine

Said a woman had hurt his pride

Told him that she loved him so and

Turned around and let him go

I clutched my toothbrush and sung as best I could with toothpaste dripping out of my mouth.

Then he said, "You better watch your step

Or you're gonna get hurt yourself

Someone's gonna tell you lies

Cut you down to size"

All my worries drifted away from something as simple as a good song. I spit into the sink and cleaned my chin. Smiling at how weird I am sometimes.

Don't do me like that

What if I love you, baby??

Don't do me like that

What an era for music! Today's pop doesn't even compare. I spin my way over to the vanity, the makeup essentials pilled on top. I plop down and sing the chorus, not even caring if the boys find me like last time.

*In the living room* No one's POV

"Friday, where is Peyton?" Tony asks, surrounded by the Avengers eating donuts and drinking coffee. Tony offered to buy everyone breakfast after the night of movie marathoning.

"She's in her room boss, listening to music."

"Ooo, play it in here too." Clint looks at Tony, "I hope it's not rap or anything crappy. I hear enough of that from my kids."

Listen, honey, can you see?

"Mind changed. I like it already," Clint announces and glances at Natasha. "Come on, give it a chance. It's no classical music, but it was popular when I was growing up."

Baby, you would bury me

If you were in the public eye

Givin' someone else a try

"This is so different from music back in our day, right Buck?" Steve asks, turning towards his friend. "Yeah," Bucky chuckles. "I like it though," he adds.

And you know you better watch your step

Or you're gon' get hurt yourself

Someone's gonna tell you lies

Cut you down to size

"Who sings this again, Sam?"

"Wow, I'm hurt that you couldn't recognize a very popular band back in the day. Kidding, It's Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers."

Tony faces the group, "I'm more of a hard rock kinda guy, but this isn't bad." The song finishes and fades out, prompting Stark to ask a question. "Friday, what other music does she have on her phone?"