Secrets Revealed

Peyton's Pov

The sunlight sneaks past my curtains, brushing onto my face. Groaning, I squint my eyes open and become blinded by the light. I turn over on my stomach, face in a pillow. "Uggh, F.R.I.D.A.Y."

"Yes, Miss Thomas?"

"Turn on my recent playlist," I grumble into my pillow.

"I'm sorry, what did you say Miss?"

Rolling onto my back I pull myself into a seated position, "Play my most recent playlist please?"

"Of course, Miss Thomas. Volume level at medium."

I toss the covers off and stand up, wobbling. "Thanks, F.R.I.D.A.Y," I responded to the A.I.

I sigh as White Flag by Daughtry begins to play. Throwing open my draws and closet, I stand there for ten minutes before deciding what to wear. Finally, I pick out a green and white striped shirt with spaghetti straps and a pair of Levi's, light blue colored shorts, and navy Nike socks.

I pull up a seat to the vanity in my bathroom, so I can apply makeup and fix my huge hair. I brush through my brows, lightly fill them in with the pencil, then finish with the powder. Next, I curl my eyelashes and put on organic mascara. I don't apply much makeup because I like a natural look, and I do not want to cover up my large freckles across my forehead, nose, and cheek region. Plus, It's summer and I've been tanning! Now time for my hair... I'll just pull it into a bun, it's a mess. I stand up and whip my hair downwards, gather my hair together in a high ponytail, and then put a grey scrunchie over it and pull out some hair near my forehead, making it look like a messy bun. My hair is way too short to make an actual bun because of all the layers and the fact it only reaches my shoulders, so I improvise. Now, it's time for breakfast.

I head out of my room and step into the elevator. I press floor 20, which is 10 below mom and I's. Hearing the ding, I walk out and down the hallway, almost to the living room until I bump into my mom.

"Mom! I thought you'd be at work by now?"

"Oh, Peyton! Actually, I had to talk to you before I left."

"Oh really?" I ask skeptically.

"Tony came to me last night, talking about how strange you were acting at dinner and how you're not the same anymore-"

"What, Mom! You said you wouldn't tell anyone, especially him!"

"I didn't, I promise! But, you have to tell them. All of them."

"Uggh!" I yell, frustrated. "Listen, they don't need to know, it was traumatic enough the first time."

She frowns, "But sweetie-"

"NO, I'm not telling anyone anything! I don't care if I'm being selfish, but it makes me feel weak, different. And I'm tired of feeling that way. I'm sorry, but I can't," I whisper at the end, desperately holding in the tears. I've cried too much the last two years; I'm not letting them fall. I wipe my eyes, hoping my mascara isn't running. Closing my eyes and taking a deep breath, I reopen them and put on a smile before casually walking into the room. The Avengers are all in the huge room, either lounging or eating. Crap. I hope they didn't hear our argument. I'll just act natural.

"Morning," I announced cheerfully. Everyone turns and greets me in return.

"Morning Peyton. How did you sleep?" Uncle Tony asks.

"Great, thanks." I head towards the kitchen for some food because I am starving! Ooh, there are donuts! I open several cabinets until I find the paper plates. I gently grab the four remaining donuts, two powdered and two chocolate, and placing them on the plate. I carry them over to the table, finding a seat that faces the tv. Wait! I need coffee. I prowl back into the kitchen, take a mug out of the cabinet, and pour in the coffee. I pull the fridge open, spotting my creamer. I better thank mom later. Mixing my coffee and creamer together, I slowly carry it back to my seat.