The Threat

Peyton's Pov

*A piano begins to play*

Stop digging in your heart 'cause tonight is on me

Tonight is on me

"Stop trying so hard" is what you said to me

What you said to me

Water cascades onto my face as I sing along with the music. Squeezing some shampoo into my hand, I massage my scalp and close my eyes.

Getting too high when I'm high

So we see eye-to-eye, Woah-oh

Take the high with the low

And away and away we go-o

The soap rinses out of my hair, down my back, and onto the floor going into the drain. I repeat the process with the conditioner before unscrewing my sugar body exfoliator. I spread it all over my legs, rinse, then lather them with soap before beginning to shave.

Living our lives

Dancing on empty wallets

Spend it all on you

Spend it all on you

Until we die

Dancing on empty wallets

Spend it all on you

Spend it all on you

Rinsing my hair and legs, I begin to wash my body then I rinse that too. About to wash my face, I reach for my face exfoliator, but a beeping red light above the bathroom door begins to blink. I can see it through the glass doors.

*Avengers, come down to the living room. We gotta situation -Tony out*

What's that all about? But, since I'm not an Avenger, I think I'll be alright...

Tony's Pov

The Avengers pile into the living room as I stand up, a worried look on my face.

"Where's Peyton?" They all look around, not knowing where she went. "Friday, where is Peyton?"

"In her room, boss." Phew.

"Can you ask her to come down here please?"

"Uh, can't do that. She's in the shower."

"Okay... Just turn on the camera feed. Make sure it goes no lower than her collarbone." The others look at me angrily.

"Seriously Tony? You have cameras in the showers?" Steve asks.

"Of course not. Just in Peyton's." Shouts of protest are heard before I shush them. "Don't worry, It's just so I can keep her safe. Precisely in a situation like this." Natasha glances at me questioningly, I just ignore her. It only turns on in emergencies anyways. The camera feed turns on and she is dancing and singing to the blaring music, I try not to laugh. But we all end up laughing anyway.

Peyton's Pov

Hail (Hail)

What's the matter with your head, yeah

Hail (Hail)

What's the matter with your mind

And your sign an-a, oh-oh-oh

Hail (Hail)

Nothin' the matter with your head

Baby find it, come on and find it

Hail, with it baby

'Cause you're fine

And you're mine and you look so divine

I hear people laughing and calling my name, but think it's my imagination and move onto the chorus.

Come and get your love

I turn around, close my eyes, and resume singing. But, I hear voices again... Opening my eyes, I'm shocked to see a waterproof screen with a camera that appeared out of nowhere.

"Tony Stark. I'm going to kill you!" I scream.

"Love you too, Peyton. But now's not the time. I've just received some information that the Crimson Cartel are planning to attack the tower soon."

"Who are they? And how soon?" I ask concerned.

"Come down and I'll tell you. And a day tops." My eyes widen slightly.

"Wow okay... Just let me finish up real quick and I'll meet you guys down there."

"Sounds good, but hurry Pey."

"Gotcha. Bye."

I switch off the camera, turn off the water, then wipe the glass doors and step out to dry off. I apply one curling cream and one frizzy spray before getting dressed and heading towards the elevator.

Tony's Pov

Peyton jogs in the room, hair wet and looking quite annoyed.

"I still cannot believe you installed a camera in my shower!"

"It was only if it's an emergency and we couldn't get ahold of you." She rolls her eyes but drops it.

Changing topic, she asks, "So, who are the Crimson Cartel anyways?"

"They are an elite American spy group, known for over 30 kidnappings and 50 kills. They target young girls, such as yourself, that are new to the area, attractive, and alone. They sell them into slavery or deliver them to whoever hired them."

"So what does this have to do with me?"

I share a look with the team. "Well, for starters you fit their criteria and someone could've sent them to capture you to get back at one of us."

"How do you know they're in New York?"

"My most trusted source who has been following them told me."

Steve turns to me this time, "And you're sure they are reliable?"

I stare at him dead in the eyes. "Positive."

"Cool it guys, we all want to protect Peyton. So Tony, what's our plan of action?" Natasha asks.

"We're each going to take turns keeping an eye on Peyton. She can't go out of the tower alone." They all nod in agreement.

"Seriously, Tony? I have to leave in a few days anyway, wouldn't I be safer there?" Good point, but...

"No, because they could just kidnap or attack you there. They could also hurt your family and we wouldn't be able to reach you in time," Steve informs us.

"Alright, fine. But my mom has to go home for work tomorrow, will she be safe?"

"I can get a security detail on your mom, a friend owes me a favor," Natasha adds.

Peyton's face scrunches up in thought before giving us a simple, "Okay."

Author's note: Hey guys! This chapter is less eventful, sorry about that, but the next one should have more action. Anyways the first song mentioned is called Empty Wallets by 5 Seconds of Summer. The other song is called Come and Get Your Love by Redbone, both are some of my favorite songs. Enjoy:)