Relief

Well, this is the last chapter. I've really enjoyed writing this ( I know it's not the best since It is the only full 'book' I've written), but thanks for joining me through this journey. (It was originally posted on Quotev-- User is: BBbarnes) 

**Trigger Warning---the aftermath of being assaulted (taken lightly)---** 

I clench my toes and fingers, stretching my whole body and arching my back. The room is still dark, but the smallest sliver of orange and red peek through the curtains across from my bed. I throw back the warm bundle of blankets and gently place my feet on the cool hardwood floor. My feet are rooted firmly on the ground before I get up, moving gradually towards the window. I tug the curtains back from each side and then move to stand in the middle of the window. All I can do is stare at how gorgeous the sunrise is. Vibrant streaks of the red-orange blankets span across the bottom of the sky. And a small band of yellow from the sun right above it.

Seconds pass. Then minutes.

A hand reaches out and gently places itself on my shoulder; I flinch just a bit before willing my muscles to relax.

"How are you doing, burský oriešok?" Wanda gently asks.

I breathe deeply and sigh, "I'm alright. I'll be okay."

Wanda doesn't say anything, her hand still rests lightly on my shoulder. I'm grateful for the silence for I wouldn't know what to say. I'm still wrapping my head around what happened.

"It is beautiful. If you replace the buildings with mountains, it reminds me a lot of my country."

"Sokovia?" I timidly ask. Wanda nods and continues to stare longly out the window.

"What was it like before..." I glance at Wanda, a flash of pain crosses her features before resolving into a happy one.

"It was home," she says with a sigh. I reach my arm around Wanda and give her a side hug, hoping she understands that I'm here for her and she doesn't have to say anything else. She gratefully returns my hug and we continue to stare out the window, enjoying the various colors that paint the sky.

*Scene change-- Medical Wing*

"Bruce--" I say, urgently walking in the room.

"Tony, don't worry, Peyton will make a full recovery soon," Bruce informs me.

"No, no, it's not that. I need your help." Bruce's eyebrows scrunch up in confusion.

"We need to monitor Peyton. I mean, she was injected with, so far, an unknown mixture," I hurriedly say.

"Yeah, yeah. We need to keep running tests then, but Tony, stop worrying."

I look offended, "Me, worried? Nope, I don't see it."

Bruce just shakes his head and walks over to the monitors. "Listen, Tony. We will find out what she was injected with and we will cure her." I know he's right, but some nagging part in my mind says otherwise.

"Whatever it was, I'm just glad it has some kind of healing property in it because Peyton already healed immensely overnight, it's quite fascinating," Bruce informs me. 

"I'm glad too. Thanks, Bruce. We'll start tomorrow!" I shout while walking out of the medical wing and into the hallway.

She'll be okay.

Peyton POV

I scramble around my room, looking underneath my bed, in my nightstand, and even in my closet.

"Ugh!" I grunt out, half irritated and half in pain.

"Whatcha looking for?" A deep gravelly voice asks.

I jump, "Geez, are you trying to kill me?"

Bucky chuckles in return. "So, what are you looking for?"

"My book, I need something to do. But I can't find it!" I grumble out frustrated.

Bucky chuckles, "Is this what you're looking for?" He takes something out from behind his back. My eyes scan over the orange cover of Little Women.

"My book!" I stand to retrieve it, but I end up hissing when trying to move.

"Here, let me help," He walks forward, placing my book on my bed, then offers his hands to pull me up.

"Thanks again, Bucky." He lightly smiles, "Anything for you, Pey. I'm just glad you're okay." I smile up at him, "I am too." 

I look off into the distance, I was assaulted... How do I deal with that? 

"Something on your mind?"  

"Hmm?" I ask in my trance. 

I shake my head back into focus, "Nope," I reassuringly smile, "Just lost in my thoughts is all." 

Bucky doesn't seem too convinced by the way he's looking at me. "Hey, you can tell me," he gently says. 

I think for a moment before plopping down on my bed and pat the spot next to me. Bucky lifts an eyebrow in question, but still sits down. With my eyes downcast, I turn myself towards Bucky. 

"Something else happened when I was kidnapped...," I trail off, still looking at my bed, my hands are plucking at the comforter. 

Bucky grasps my hand with his right one. I give a watery sigh in response then promptly clearing my throat.  

"Um, he... The guy who kidnapped me touched me--," I break off as tears run down my cheeks and drop onto the bed. 

I urge myself to continue, to tell someone. "I was just hit in the stomach with a pipe and as I lay on the ground struggling to breathe-- I think he drugged me because my body felt so heavy--," I sneak a glance up at his face and even I can't tell what he is thinking. 

"He then punched me in the face and-," my voice cracks, "That's when I felt him touch me and shortly after I blacked out..." Tears are quickly leaving my eyes and are running down my cheeks. 

"I'm sorry," I cry out. 

For a moment, no one says anything. But then I feel a metal hand gently reach underneath my chin, lifting up my head so that I'm eye-level with him. 

"Peyton, you have nothing to be sorry for. It's all that bastard's fault," Bucky angrily says before turning gentle. 

"You will get through this, Pey. You're one of the strongest people I know and that's saying something." A small chuckle escapes my lips. 

"You have the whole team if you ever need someone to talk to and you have me. Okay?" 

I use both hands to wipe my tears away and blink a few times. Smiling up at Bucky I can't help but feel immense relief. 

"Thank you," I wrap my arms around his torso and nuzzle my head against his chest. "I've always thought of you like a brother, have I told you that?" 

He tightens his arms around me, "Last night actually," he teases. 

"Oh, I can't remember yesterday too clearly," I frown.

We continue to hug for a few minutes and I silently thank him for his support. 

"We'll get through this together and things will get better, I promise." I sigh. 

I know they will and I'm so grateful for my family who will undoubtedly help me. 

Author's Note: Hey guys, it's been a while. I think this will be the last chapter of the series, but the story won't end. I'm thinking about using the same storyline and characters but just in one-shots, maybe two. I've been super busy so I think these will be easier for me to upload faster. Anyways, I hope you enjoy it.