Chapter 8: Aftermath

After Tyrian was dealt with, all of the UA students were evacuated. Izuku received some scolding from the pros, but nobody received any punishment, since the students never used their quirks on people without permission, and Izuku's alchemy wasn't technically a quirk.

Nevertheless, they did have to cancel classes for a while. UA was under a lot of stress. None of the lead members of the League of Villains were caught, so Kurogiri and Shigaraki were both still out there. That, and the fact that the press was nearly breaking down the doors to UA.

As for Izuku, he was doing what he always was. Looking for leads on getting his body back. Tyrian had told Izuku how a philosopher's stone is made with Human Souls, so that was clearly a dead end. He looked through the same book that had taught Izuku his very first Alchemy, still searching ever diligently for a solution.

He was interrupted by a knock on his door. He stood up to go answer. Upon opening the door, he was met with a chorus of greetings from his new friends, Todoroki, Asui, Ochaco, Iida, and surprisingly, Bakugo. "Um, hey guys." he said nervously. He stepped aside to let his friends in.

Ochaco looked to Izuku's desk to see it covered in papers and notes, Izuku's alchemy book being the centerpiece of all of it. "Jeez, do you ever stop studying?" she said, annoyed.

Izuku chuckled at her remark. "I stop to eat and sleep, and go to school, but I can put a pin in this for now if you guys want. I'll get some drinks." he said, closing his book.

"You should really make some time for yourself, ribbit." Asui said, sitting down with everyone.

"Yeah, I should know what happens when you work yourself to the bone." said Todoroki, looking at his left hand.

Izuku laughed, and handed everyone their glasses. "You guys, you have to understand that Alchemy is a type of science. And being an Alchemist means being a scientist. Scientists are always looking for something new. There will always be things to learn, and discover."

Iida pushed his glasses up his nose. "Indeed. I admire Izuku's diligence in Alchemy. Which reminds me, Izuku, how did you stop the other Alchemist?" he asked.

Izuku's mind flashed back to the Gate of Truth. He had committed taboo a second time. What would his friends think? "Oh, something happened with his philosopher's stone. It gave me an opening, and once his philosopher's stone was destroyed, he went back in time to where he originally came from." Izuku stated. He hoped it was convincing enough.

To a normal Alchemist, it wouldn't be convincing, but to Izuku's incredibly confused friends, it made enough sense. They figured if they asked questions, it would only confuse them further.

Izuku chuckled at his friends faces. He looked down at his iron prosthetic one more time, being reminded once again of his sins. He got off this time, but what about next time? No. There wouldn't be a next time. The next time Izuku used Human Transmutation, would be on his deathbed.

He was snapped out of his train of thought by a certain ash-blonde. "Hey, Deku." Izuku looked up to see the ash-blonde glaring at him. "Listen here Deku. You may have beaten me in the combat training, you may have saved our asses during that attack, but let me make something clear to you. I'm still going to be superior to you, no matter what you do. But at least feel better knowing that you've been promoted from worthless Deku, to minor obstacle. Don't even try to be better than me. You won't be able to. You'll stay at this level below me forever." he said. Turning to leave right after, slamming the door behind him as he did.

Ochaco huffed at Bakugo's behavior. "Anyway, Deku, I've been working on a new automail arm for you." she said excitedly. She pulled out some blueprints. "I've taken out everything except the essentials, and compacted them as much as possible inside, giving the arm twice as much steel, so you'll have more to work with when fighting!" she said smiling.