Chapter 9: The Fifth Laboratory

Izuku's thoughts dwelled on the strange dream he had last night. Homunculus. What was it? It's familiarity continued to pester Izuku like a thorn. And who were the other seven figures surrounding him?

Izuku's thoughts were interrupted by Iida tapping Izuku's shoulder. "Midoryia, are you okay?"

Izuku shook his head. "Yeah. I'm fine." he said. 

Standing beside Izuku was Iida, who among the others present, had agreed to join Izuku in searching for Tyrian's laboratory. Todoroki, Asui, and Uraraka had joined the excursion as well. Todoroki had changed his costume to accommodate his fire as well. 

Izuku had found a location that seemed very promising. It was an abandoned complex next door to a prison. A prison that probably had a lot of condemned criminals awaiting a death sentence. And if Tyrian was going to make new Philosopher's Stones, then he would need human souls. The perfect place to get them. 

Currently, the five young heroes were standing next to the building, all of them in their hero costumes. A concrete wall, around 16 feet tall, barbed wire lining the top, stood in front of them, surrounding the entire building. Izuku looked over to the front gate to see one of Tyrian's plant-Chimeras guarding the entrance.

"Looks like the only way in is over the wall." Izuku said. 

"Well, then let's go. Use your Alchemy to get us over." said Todoroki.

Izuku shook his head. "I can't. That Chimera would notice the light from the Transmutation. We'll have to get over the old fashioned way. Iida, once I'm up there, I'll use my automail arm to lower the barbed wire down. Your costume has the most armor, so you're the only one who'll be able to climb. I need everyone else her to stand-" Izuku was cut off as he suddenly started floating. He had completely forgotten about Ochaco's quirk.

Ochaco safely floated everyone above the wall. In front of them stood the abandoned building. There wasn't a clear way in. There were several vines sprouting around the entire structure, which would most likely alert several Chimeras to their location. They did stop at the roof though. 

Izuku noticed this. "Ochaco, I need you to float the two of us to the roof. Everyone else, stand guard out here."

The rest of them nodded in agreement as Ochaco floated herself and Izuku to the top of the building. A large, metal air vent was in front of them. The two would be able to fit in there. Izuku removed the vent cover and slid down into the building's ventilation system, followed shortly by Ochaco. The two then began to look for a way out of the vents.

***

Outside, Todoroki, Iida, and Asui all stood guard, careful not to touch any vines. Iida continuously checking the guard at the front of the building. "To think that we are breaking into an abandoned building. This behavior isn't very hero-like." Iida repeated, after saying this several times. 

Asui finally had enough and decided to say something back. "Well, technically, it is pretty hero-like. We're investigating the lair of a villain. And with that scary plant out front, we have probable cause. It's not technically illegal. Besides, Izuku said that the police chief owes him a favor."

Todoroki listened to the two quietly discussing the legitimacy of their current actions. He honestly owed Izuku a favor for helping him learn to use his left side and denounce his father at the same time. 

Soon, the sound of the discussion between Iida and Asui was drowned out by a mysterious clanging. It sounded almost like... armor? Todoroki turned to Investigate the sound to see an armored man carrying a large cleaver. The man swung his cleaver at the vines, cutting a few, which caused them all to retreat up the walls. The front guard chimera didn't move. Todoroki got into a fighting stance. "Who are you?" This got Asui and Iida's attention. They ceased their discussion and ran to reinforce their Icy-Hot friend.