Chapter 12: The Sports Festival Begins!

Midoryia sat in the break room, going over some different transmutations. There were a few basic transmutations that he had improved on, but he was mainly hoping to find something new on Flame Alchemy. The first few times he had done it were just flukes, and half-assed transmutations. He was hoping he would be able to fine tune it. Midoryia sighed. Flame Alchemy would just be a last resort, he decided. 

His train of thought was interrupted by a surprising individual calling his name. He looked over and saw Todoroki. "Hey Todoroki. What's up?" 

Todoroki smiled slightly and moved to sit next to Izuku. "Midoryia, you've been a good friend to me. Honestly, I feel like I've become a better person. Now that I'm using my fire instead of my father's, I'm much stronger."

This made Izuku smile. "I'm glad I was able to help. It's like the old saying back in the early 1900's. Alchemists are for the people."

"You didn't let me finish." he said as soon as Izuku finished. "I respect you Midoryia. That also means that I respect your strength." he stood up. "If I'm going to become number one, then I need to surpass that strength. So consider this my declaration of war against you."

Izuku was a bit taken aback by this. But showed a determined face nonetheless. "Alright. I'm not holding back." he said, holding out his prosthetic limb, allowing Todoroki to shake it.

"HEY WHY ARE YOU DECLARING WAR AGAINST THAT STUPID DEKU!!! I'M OBVIOUSLY THE STRONGEST SO DECLARE WAR ON ME DAMMIT!!!" yelled Bakugo. 

Todoroki simply ignored the hot-headed explosion user, and exited the room, resulting in much more angered screams from the ash-blonde.

The bell soon rang, signaling the students of the start of the festival. They exited their break rooms, and made their way to the Colosseum. The walk down the hall was the building point of all that pressure. All the doubts. For some, entering the arena area would mean these feelings would burst like a volcano, but for these aspiring heroes, it was the opposite. These feelings melted away quicker than they had come the moment they heard the cheers from the stadium. They felt the positive energy radiating from the fans and spectators. Their excitement the most contagious thing in the world right now. This would be it. This would be the moment when Izuku Midoryia would go out there and tell the world...

I am here.

***

"Alright! How's everybody doing? Lemme hear ya say HEY!" Present Mic shouted from the commentator booth. Unfortunately, nobody said hey. "Tough crowd. Anyway, LET'S WELCOME OUR ASPIRING HEROES! Today we got all the first year classes. LET'S HEAR IT FOR THE UA BUSINESS COURSE! THE UA SUPPORT COURSE! UA GENERAL STUDIES COURSE! UA HERO COURSE 1-B! And the moment you've all been waiting for, UA HERO COURSE 1-A!!!" 

The crowd's applause grew much, much louder, like the base drop of a song. The most applause being received for class 1-A. Aizawa had said that 1-A would have all the eyes on it. Several Pro Heroes were watching, and it was their chance to prove themselves.

"I know that you're all excited to get this started, so let's do just that by welcoming to the stage, our referee, Midnight!!!" announced the vocal hero, earning several hoots and confused tones from the audience as Midnight appeared on stage, in her ever-revealing costume. Mineta must've been enjoying this.

"Alright everyone, the festival will consist of three trials. You won't know what the trials are until they begin. Use of quirks are permitted, but the tasks themselves have additional rules." Midnight explained into the microphone. "Now, will the Freshman representative, Katsuki Bakugo, please come to the stage?"