Chapter 16: The First Real Steps

The rest of the Sports Festival was rather tedious. Izuku was out, so all he could do was watch. Even still, he was tired. His matches where exhausting, especially Todoroki's. But he stayed awake. The matches where interesting, especially with Todoroki and Bakugo's match. However, even though Bakugo won, they still had to chain him up to the podium to prevent him from rampaging, which Izuku found somewhat humorous. 

Izuku was glad that he did as well as he did. His match with Todoroki was especially challenging. As much as he would've liked to fight Bakugo again, he wasn't sure he could've gone all out with everything on his mind.

What did it all mean? The voice in his head during his match with Shinso, the dreams he kept having. They were all so cryptic. He couldn't make sense of any of it. And who were those two who he met at the fifth laboratory? What did they have to do with all of this?

The day had certainly been an eventful one. Izuku was glad that he would be able to rest. Eventually, he would be making sense of all of this. Once he had more clues. 

But the main thing dragging on his mind was his conversation with Ochaco. He had almost kissed Ochaco! This thought played over and over in his head. Izuku wondered what would've happened if they hadn't been interrupted. Where he would be with her. It was truly quite the day.

***

The pro heroes sat around the table. The staff of UA high school, all gathered together to discuss one topic. The upcoming internships.

The entire group sat in silence. All Might, Nezu, Aizawa, Present Mic, Midnight, Cementoss, Ectoplasm, Snipe, and Thirteen. A few other pro's, such as Endeavor and Gran Torino were also present.

Snipe was the first to speak up. "If no one else will, I suppose I'll address the elephant in the room. We can't let our 1-A students participate in the internships. Not this year."

Gran Torino spoke up. "I disagree. If we have more heroes out there-"

"They're students, Torino, not heroes." interrupted Ectoplasm. "With Stain out there on the loose, it's not safe to let them go. I agree with Snipe on this one."

Midnight piped in. "Not to mention the reports of another group of villains out there."

"I'd hardly call them villains. They're petty crooks. All they've ever done are robberies and break-in's" Endeavor said. "However, I have to agree with you three. Those kids are powerful. But the leader of this group of thieves apparently has two different quirks."

The heroes were shocked at this new development. Endeavor continued. "He can change his body into a hardened substance. It's nearly impenetrable. And even if you got past it, he also seems to have what looks like an immortality quirk. Any injuries their leader sustains is immediately healed."

"With someone that dangerous, we definitely can't let any of our students out. We're risking their safety!" Present Mic exclaimed.

Nezu decided to step in, finally. "We have hundreds of pros on the streets. They can handle these thieves. Even if their leader has two quirks, he can still be stopped. Anyone can."

Aizawa nodded. "I agree. If we postpone the internships, then we're just admitting to these villains that they're winning. If we continue the education of new heroes, then we'll be one step closer to beating these villains. We need to show them, and the people, that we are not scared of the league, Stain, or these new crooks running around."

Thirteen turned to All Might. "You've been awfully quiet. I'm on Torino's side. That makes you the deciding vote.

All Might was struggling to maintain his muscle-form. But the others had a point. "I believe we should let our students go out on these internships. I agree with Aizawa. If the people see that we're afraid of these villains, then that will automatically give these villains the upper hand. Not only that. These students have worked so hard. It's time they are rewarded with the experience of how a real hero handles threats."