Giving Up

Chapter 6

Derek and I took off after Jackson. We were sprinting down an alley, I was close behind Derek.

I climbed up the fence the flipping onto the ground landing in a crouched position. I looked up my eyes glowing their amber color and Derek hopped down next to me, fully shifted. "Ready?" He asks. I nod.

We stood up and chased after Jackson. My jacket was flapping against my back from how fast I was going. Even though Derek was an Alpha, I was still close behind him.

We came to a stop under the bridge to catch our breath and look around somehow we lost the Kanima.

I tilted my head up to the sky trying to catch a scent. But there was nothing. I then heard something behind us.

Derek and I whirled around. It hissed at us. I got into a fighting stance with Derek next to me. We let out loud snarls.

It wrapped it's tail around my ankle and it through me. I skidded onto the ground. I threw off my jacket and cracked my neck. "Okay, now I'm mad." I stood up and growled. 

It went after Derek first swinging at him he dodges the swings. I do a front flip in the air kicking it sideways. Derek spun facing it. He put a foot on it's chest using it as leverage to do a back flip and land in a crouched position. As the Kanima hit the support beams.

Derek went for it trying to punch, but the Kanima dodged it. Which ended with Derek putting his fist through the solid concrete. It grabbed Derek and threw him onto the ground. It was going to get him.
I ran and tackled it, we struggled but it ended with it on top of me. Derek came grabbing it's leg and pushing it off of me. He picked up the car door the Kanima lunged at him.

It was throwing swings at him. It shoves him up against the support beam. The Kanima gripped the door roaring. I jumped up and slashed across it's back. It whirled around. Roaring at me, but it jumped up onto a support beam. We let out frustrated huffs.

It slashed at the electrical box causing a flash of light, blinding us. I covered my eyes. It grabbed me by my shirt and threw me and Derek landed next to me.

I went to get up. But Derek grabbed me and pulled me down next to him holding onto me.

I struggled in his grip. He held on. "Stop do you want to kill yourself!" He whisper shouted. A car pulled up. The Argents.

Chris pulled out his gun and unloaded his clip into the thing. It just got back up. It knocked him into the beam. Gerard got out of the car and he stood there unafraid. Scott ran and tackled it. He watched Gerard then ran off at the creature.

+

After Gerard and Chris went off to find the Kanima, we were following Scott's scent since he was following the Kanima. I stopped Derek. I smelled something beside Scott's scent. It was the same scent I smelled when I was asleep in his bed.

"Stiles." I breath. 

Damn it he's here.

"What?" Derek asks. 

"Nothing." I reply. 

If he's with Scott then Jackson will be with both of them.

+

Scott and Stiles were in a gay club and so was the Kanima, I look toward Derek. "This your kind of place?" I ask. 

Derek glared at me. "I thought you wanted me to talk to you." He rolled his eyes.

"Split up we'll find it easier." I suggest. 

 He nods. 

"Don't let any guys touch you, remember just say no." I called after him.