Party Fights

Chapter 8

Stiles texted me out of the blue, and with Derek barely looking at me, I was willing to spend some time with Stiles, even if it was awkward, with him. Considering I never responded to him telling me he liked me. I honestly didn't know what I thought. But I knew one thing, he was one of the few people who could pull a rare smile onto my face. Maybe falling for him wouldn't be such a bad idea?

I walked over to Derek who was checking restraints for the full moon. "Stiles, texted me. He wants me to go get some food, can I go?" I ask.

"I don't really care, and if I said no you would go anyway so why are you even asking me." I bit the inside of my cheek, okay that hurt. 

"I deserved that." I mutter. He doesn't respond. "I guess I'll be going now. Alone in the dark, hopefully not getting eaten or stabbed, or shot. But you don't care." 

He let's out an annoyed sigh. "Yep."

 Damn am I this stubborn?

I walk out of the warehouse and see the familiar jeep. I ran a hand through my hair, let's do this.

I opened the door and we sat in silence. "So, what do you want to eat?" I ask. 

"Um, I'm just picking something up for my dad and me, so I grabbed something for you, figured you could get away from Derek." 

I give him a small smile. "Thank you."

He passes a bag to me. We pull away and drive off. "So, um can I ask you something?" Stiles asks.

 "Yeah, sure." 

"You know you never really said anything to me, after I told you I liked you." I look down at the bag in my lap.

"Stiles...There's no way to tell you..." I trail off. I notice his body tense. 

"So, you don't like me?" He asks.

"No, no! That's not it." I start but he cuts me off. 

"Then what?" He asks his voice hardening. 

"Stiles, I can't... I can't be with anyone right now. I have to fix things with Derek, and I don't know how to have a relationship I just don't think I'm the girl for you or for anyone."

"Only guys that ambush you in the lockeroom." He snaps. 

"He kissed me, and it was the full moon, I didn't want to kiss him."

He purses his lips and we pull away. Well now I have two people who hate me.

+

I walked into the station behind Stiles but he pulled the door open and let me go ahead of him.

We walked in and when the Sheriff saw me his eyes got wide. "Anna?" He questions looking between Stiles and I. 

"Hi, Sheriff nice to see me not in handcuffs?" I question trying my best to smile. 

He nods. 

"Come join us for dinner." I nod. Oh boy.

I start eating my chicken salad Stiles got me. Sheriff takes a bite of his burger and instantly furrowed his brows. "Ah, what the hell is this?"

"Veggie burger." I answer. While Stiles places my drink in front of me. Stiles got us all healthy food and with me I don't turn down food especially when it comes from Stiles since things are awkward with us.

"Guys, I asked for a hamburger." He stated while Stiles and I took sips of our drinks.

"Well, veggie is healthier." I defend.