You Can't Trust Anyone

Chapter 10

I followed Derek's scent to our house. I walked in and saw him on the ground not moving. "Derek!" I yell and sprint over to him shaking him. "You do not get to die!" I yell. I take my fist and slam it into his face. He doesn't move. I look over at the floor boards it's broken through.

No

No this can't be happening. I call Deaton.

+

He rushes over to Derek. "Do you know what happened to him?" 

I shake my head. "Derek... Can you hear me? I need you to answer me, Derek. Derek! We don't have much time." Deaton says he twitches. Deaton looks at me. 

"Cover your ears." I cover them. He blows into his whistle. I cover my ears tighter.

Derek jumps awake slowly removing his hands from his own ears. He slowly starts to get up. He looks between Deaton and I. "That sound. What was it?" Derek asks. Deaton holds up the dog whistle and smirks.

Derek shakes his head. "Way to kick you in the balls first thing you wake up, huh?" I taunt. He glares at me but climbs to his feet. Then almost falls on me if I didn't catch him.

"You're gonna be weak for several hours." Deaton explains. I hold onto Derek's arm to keep him up.

Derek looks down at his arm I'm not holding onto. "It actually happened." He mumbles. Peter really was back.

"Don't worry. You're still an Alpha. But, as usual, not a particularly competent one." Deaton states. If I was not so pissed off about that son of a bitch Peter coming back I would be laughing.

"Where is he?" I growl.

"I wish I could tell you." Deaton replies.

 "Then how about you tell us what you're doing here, any why you're helping us?" I demand.

"Helping you're family actually used to be a pretty big part of my life. Help you two was a promise I made to your mother." I open my mouth to say something but nothing comes out. He knew our mother?

"You're the one our sister used to talk about. She said you're kind of an advisor?" Derek questions.

"She was right. And I have some advice that you need to listen to very closely right now. What Peter managed to do doesn't come without a price. He'll be physically weak, so he'll rely on the strength of his intelligence, his cunning. He's gonna come at both of you. He'll try and twist his way inside of your head, preying on your insecurities. He'll tell you that he's the only way you can stop Gerard. Do not trust him."

Derek and I share a look. "We don't trust anyone." I point out. 

"I know. If you did, you might be the Alpha you like to think you are, Derek. And unfortunately, the one person you should trust doesn't trust you all."

"Scott." Derek states.

"He's with Stilinski right now. You need to find him, you need to find him as fast as you can. I've know Gerard a long time. He always has a plan. And something tells me... It's going exactly the way he wants it to."

+

Derek and I drove to the sheriff station. I clenched my fist. "I want to kill him." I state.

 "I know." 

"Did do you know.. Deaton knew mom?" I ask. Derek shakes his head.

+

We pull up to the station and get out.