Like An Adult

Chapter 9

Derek grabbed the trunk filled with chains and opened it, my eyes landed on the triskele.

 "What is that?" Isaac asks whist running his hand along the design. 

"It's a triskele." Boyd answers. Derek and I look over at him impressed. "Spirals mean different things, past, present, future. Mother, father, child." I give Boyd an approving nod.

 "Do you know what it means to us?" I ask.

"Alpha, Beta, Omega?" Boyd guesses.

 "That's right. It's a spiral. Reminds us that we can all rise to one or fall to another. Betas can become Alphas, but Alphas can also fall to Betas or even Omegas." I explain.

"Like Scott?" Isaac asks. 

"Scott's with us." Derek states.

 "Really? Then where is he now?" Isaac challenges. 

"He's looking for Jackson. Don't worry, he's not gonna have it easy tonight either. None of us will." I argue.

Derek and I bend down to pick up the chains. "There's a price you pay for this kind of power. You get the ability to heal. But tonight you're gonna want to kill anything you find." Derek informs.

"Good thing I had my period last week, then." Erica says with a smile. Boyd and Isaac look down uncomfortably. I hold up the spiked crown. 

"Well, this one's for you." I state.

+

Derek comes over to me while I'm reading The Outsiders. "Anna can I talk to you for a second." I put the book down. 

"Yeah, what's up?"

 "I don't want you to be here tonight."

 "What are you talking about?" I ask while cocking my head to the side.

"If they break free they will kill you." He says simply. 

"You think I don't know that?" 

"I'm saying I don't want you to get hurt. I can handle this myself."

I stand up. "No you can't there's three of them and two of us we can handle them. No matter what you say I'm not leaving."

He lets out a sigh. "Are you always this stubborn?" He asks.

 "I take after you don't I?" He rolls his eyes. That ended that matter.

+

I was helping Derek chain up Isaac, Boyd, and Erica. "What if we break free?" Boyd asks. 

"Then you'll do anything you can to get out of here. Probably try to kill us then kill each other and anything else with a heartbeat." Derek explains. 

I glare at him. "You could've stopped at 'you'll do anything to get out of here.'" I point out. He turns and glares at me. I stick my tongue out at him, like an adult.

"I need you to hold her." He says to me while nodding to Erica.

I walk behind Erica and put my arms under hers holding her in place. "So how come she gets to wear the headband thing?" Isaac asks.

 "Because she'll be able to withstand more pain than the two of you." I explain. Erica snickers. "We've got an extra one if you really want it." I state with a smirk.

"I'll pass." Isaac whispers. 

Derek looks right at Erica. "You ready?" He asks her. 

"Yeah." She mutters.

I hated when we used these things. Derek puts it around her head and starts twisting the screw to tighten it in place, which ends with Erica letting out a gut wrenching scream.

Isaac and Boyd try to turn away.

+

Boyd and Erica let out screams while they start to change. "How do you two not feel this?" Isaac asks while I tighten his chains. 

"I feel every second of it." I reply. 

"Then how do you control it?"

"Find an anchor. Something meaningful to you. Bind yourself to it. Keeps the human side in control." 

"What is it for you and Derek?" Isaac questions. 

"Anger. But it doesn't have to be that for everybody." I explain.

"You mean Scott?" 

"Yeah. All right that should do it." The metal bends because it is being pulled on. I look over at Erica and Boyd. 

"Oh shit." I mutter under my breath.

+

My phone goes off.

It's my fault, it's all my fault, my dad lost his job because of me

-Spaz

His dad lost his job? I hear growling and metal clanking. I look over at Derek. "Call Scott! Call Scott! Right now!" I order nervously. I walk out of the train cart, we are in trouble.

He nods pulling out his phone dialing Scott's number. "Scott can you call me back, Anna and I are probably gonna need some help. Definitely gonna need some help." He mutters then hangs up when the sound of metal bending comes from where the wolves are chained up. Derek and I share a look.

I pop my claws out as does Derek. We march into the cart Derek goes ahead of me.

Isaac lunges at us but stays down due to the chains holding him. Erica breaks free. Derek tries to subdue her. When Isaac breaks free. 

"Isaac!" I call.

 "Get him, I got them!" Derek calls.

 I run after Isaac. I tackle him to the ground. 

"Isaac!" I scream. 

He growls at me and throws me off of him. I land in a crouched position and shift fully. I roar at him. He snarls at me and lunges at me. I duck out of the way. 

He runs at me again.  I grab him by his shirt stopping him from tackling me and pin him to the ground. I roar in his face. That takes the fight out of him. I get off of him.

"Anna?" Isaac asks. I nod.

I help him up. I run back to Derek when Boyd is about to attack him. I slam him down onto the cart and Isaac runs behind me and helps me hold him down.

I look over at Derek. He nods letting me know he's okay. I look over at Isaac, he nods at me. I nod back. He controlled himself.

+

Erica and Boyd are asleep from exhaustion. While I hold onto Isaac as precaution to Derek chaining him up again. He was still fully shifted.

"Think you'll be okay now. Looks like you found an anchor." Derek comments. 

"My father." Isaac states. 

"Your father locked you in a freezer in the basement to punish you." I state.

"He didn't used to." Isaac adds. 

Derek walked out of the cart and I rested my head on Isaac's shoulder trying to sleep.

+

I woke up to the sound of a howl. I jumped awake. I looked around. "Derek?" I call.

Hey guys so we only have three more episodes before the end of season 2 and I am so excited for those because Peter Hale is back and I can't wait to write Anna's reaction to see him again. What do you think her reaction will be?

      And Stanna in the last chapter will make you all love me trust me ;) 

What do you think will happen?  

Comment, Vote, Follow :)