Chapter 9 - Training Part 2

A/N - I can't believe the number of reads! Thank you so much to everyone who's reading and voting! You are so awesome and I really appreciate it!!

And now, without any further ado, Training Part 2!

Your POV

Leo and Mikey got up and withdrew their weapons, getting into a fighting stance.

"Hajime!"

They started circling around the battle area. When Leo was facing me, he caught my eye and smirked.

Heat started creeping onto my cheeks. Why am I so sensitive towards him?

Mikey started making his normal battle noises like a little kid. My smile returned when I heard them.

"Ha! Hwah! You can't touch this, Leo!" Mikey taunted.

Donnie was not amused. "Mikey, stop."

"Hold on, Don," Raph whispered, "it'll distract Leo. Let it happen."

My brows furrowed at Raph's comment.

Mikey took it as a chance to continue. "Oh yeah, son! I'm a ninja master!" He started doing wild flips and cartwheels around Leo.

"Mikey!" Leo shouted. He stopped moving around. "Take it seriously!"

Out of nowhere, Mikey flung his nunchucks and hit Leo on the shell.

"Dude!" Leo launched himself at Mikey, who started swinging his nunchucks again.

"Ha! You can't beat this!"

"We'll see about that!" Leo swung his swords and managed to catch Mikey's nunchucks around one of them. He let them fall to the ground. "Ha! You have no weapons left."

He drop-kicked Mikey, who landed on his shell. Leo put a foot on his chest and held his sword over his face.

Mikey smirked, then dropped one of his egg bombs in an instant. Leo coughed on the smoke and started fanning the air. When the smoke cleared, Mikey was gone.

"Oh, come on, not fair!" Leo yelled. He looked back to the floor where he dropped the nunchucks, but they were gone.

I giggled when I saw Mikey hiding behind Donnie, waiting to strike. Leo looked over at me, confused. When I darted my eyes to Donnie, Mikey did a double flip over him and kicked Leo to the ground, his swords clattering on the floor and out of his reach.

"See? You can't beat this master ninja boy!" Mikey laughed and put his foot over Leo, striking a pose.

Poor Leo was out of breath the way Mikey was standing on him. I gave him a sympathetic smile, and he looked away in embarrassment.

"Yame! Very good, Michelangelo," Master Splinter complimented, standing up and walking to the boys. "You have proven that you could beat your adversary through distraction. A very key element to any battle."

He turned to Leo, who was recovering after Mikey finally got off of him. "Leonardo, learn to recognize distraction and not be affected by it. In many ways more than one."

He turned around, folded his hands behind his back, and left for his room. "That is all for today, my sons."

I stood up and rushed to Leo, who was still trying to stand up after being startled from Mikey's attack. He took my hand and I helped him up.

"Thanks. It didn't, uh, go as I planned," Leo admitted, scratching the back of his neck.

"Hey, it happens. And it means that Mikey's getting better." I looked over at Mikey, who was doing a happy dance.

Leo watched the dance and sighed, a small smile forming on his lips. "Okay, fine. I need water. Come with?" He held out his hand, and I took it, our fingers intertwining. We walked out of the dojo together.

I know it's not a big deal, but holding his hand was really cool. I even noticed his mood improve as we made it to the kitchen.

He opened the fridge and took out a water bottle, managing to unscrew the cap with one hand. "I'm glad you got to come see us."

"Me too! It was fun watching you guys," I said as he took a swig of water.

"I know you didn't really get to train much, so would you maybe want to do some meditating with me?‌ I like to sit in the dojo alone after a session to clear my head."

I‌ bobbed my head up and down. "That sounds fun!"

Leo's face brightened. "Awesome! Let's wait for the guys to get out, I hate when they stalk me in there."

Donnie and Raph walked in a few moments later, stretching. Mikey somersaulted his way out of the dojo and to the circular stairs, where his skateboard was resting.

I tugged on Leo's hand. "Can we go now?"

He closed the water bottle and left it on the counter, then pulled me back into the dojo. I laughed when I almost lost my balance because of how fast he was going.

Once we got there, he let go of my hand (to my disappointment) and sat on his knees in front of the cherry tree. "Sit."

I sat next to him in the same way.

"Now, hands on your knees, and close your eyes. Deep breaths."

I took a big breath and exhaled, feeling the tension leave my body.

"Relax your muscles, and think of nature."

I opened an eye. "What are you thinking of?"

He smiled, his eyes still closed. "I think about a big field and blossoms from a nearby tree blowing in the wind. A clear day. Soft grass below my feet."

My mind cleared when I closed my eyes and took another breath. I‌ pictured the scene, my hair blowing in the wind of the environment, the blossoms getting stuck in my hair.

"You got it?"

"Yeah," I replied, "it's so peaceful here."

I spun around in my fantasy and started running through the grass. Then, I saw Leo standing in the middle of the field. A huge smile forming on my face, I ran towards him and reached up to hug him.

He picked me up and twirled us around, our carefree laughter echoing in the field. Leo stumbled, and we fell back on the grass next to each other.

Together, we pointed up at the clouds and their odd shapes. I looked over at Leo and admired his peaceful state in this bright place.

"Y/N?"

I opened my eyes. I was still in the dojo. Leo was looking at me with surprise.

"You did it!"

My brain felt serene and clear, so much that I couldn't understand what he was talking about. "What?"

He took my hands and helped me stand up. "You were meditating for half an hour!" The pride on his face was to die for.

I jumped up and down. "Really?‌ Oh, I can't believe it!"

Leo rubbed my knuckles with his thumbs, and I‌ stopped jumping. "Have you ever meditated before?"

"Once, but it didn't feel like that."

He looked at me like he can't quite pinpoint something. "That's incredible. Your spirit must be strong. You look relaxed, rejuvenated."

I nodded. "I feel renewed, almost."

We stood there for a while, looking at each other.

"Guys! Pizza!" Mikey screamed from the other room.

Leo lowered our hands and swallowed. "Oh, um, we should probably, you know."

"Yeah, let's-let's go." I walk out of the dojo with him, feeling conflicted but still content at the same time.