Chapter 48 - Discovery

Leo's POV

We slipped into the building, eyes white under our masks, and crawled onto the ceiling to stay hidden. It was eerily quiet in the halls. No one was around. What kind of building is this?

Doors lined the walls on both sides. When I thought it was clear, I soundlessly dropped to the floor and motioned for the rest of the guys to do the same. I turned around to see Mikey reaching for one of the door handles. "No!" I whispered.

He froze, his hand barely touching the metal. "But what if she's in here?"

Donnie held his T-phone with the tracker in front of his face. "I know she's not in there because of this, shellbrain!"

"Ohhh!"

"Donnie, how far?" I was impatient at this point. My legs were tired, I was out of breath, and I was angry. The moment I saw Shredder, I would tear him apart for what he did to my Y/N.

Donnie showed me his phone. "Just up ahead. It should be the last door on the left."

I rushed against the left wall and paused in front of the last door to regain my composure. Be smart, Leo. Don't run in shouting for her.

We quietly entered the room. Everything was dark, but there was a faint green light across the way. No, it can't be.

Mutagen.

Your POV

I couldn't bear it any longer. I broke down in sobs and fell to my knees in the cage, shaking it even more. My grandfather and Karai laughed at my misfortunes.

Then I heard a broken voice scream, "ANGEL!"

"Leo?" I yelled back.

Leo and the guys ran into the room. When Leo saw me, a look of horror flashed on his face. Then it morphed into hatred as he whirled his head around, locking eyes with my grandfather. "Shredder?"

Shredder? But I thought-

"I thought you were dead!" he continued. Poor Mikey was at his side, clutching his nunchucks for dear life as he grazed his shoulder against Leo's.

"Ha! You're going soft!" Karai teased. She crossed her arms and raised an eyebrow with one of her nasty smirks. "'Oh, no, my angel! And Shredder, he can't possible be alive!'" Her mocking voice tore me apart.

Leo's face fell. Then he looked up at me again and saw the pleading look on my face. "Why do you have her?"

My grandfather grunted, clicking something on his armor to make the blade extract. He slid it against the side of the desk next to him. "She's my granddaughter."

Everyone gasped. We'll, everyone except for my grandfather and Karai, that is.

"What do you mean?" Raph yelled. "She's been working with you?"

"No, I swear!" More hot years streamed down my face. "I didn't even know he was-"

"Silence!" my grandfather bellowed. "She's betrayed you to help me. You know the vendetta I have against you turtles, and your master. Where is he?"

"You're on a need-to-know basis. And you know what? You don't need to know," Raph quipped.

This only angered my grandfather. "Silence, you twat! I want none of your childish tricks." His fingers closed around a handle on the desk. I noticed a chain connected to the base, and my eyes followed it all the way up to my cage. My cage.

He's going to drop me inside.

"Grandpa, no! Leo!"

"Make your choice, turtle," my grandfather said, looking straight at Leo. "You get your master over here and surrender to me, or she falls."

"I can't wait to see what she'll turn into." Karai sounded too excited. It chilled me to the bone. "Maybe she'll be a falcon and eat you."

Leo unsheathed his sword and held it in front of him.

"Leo, please!" I begged. "I had no idea about any of this!"

"Y/N, quiet! Make your choice, turtle!"

He glanced up at me for a split second before biting his lip and letting out a shuddered breath. "We'll get Splinter here."

"No!" Mikey whisper-shouted.

Leo pulled out his T-phone and gave him a stressed look. "What choice do we have?"

Raph growled behind him. He kept his fingers around the handles of his sais, ready for anything.

But my grandfather laughed. "Drop your weapons and surrender. You'll be staying in a special cell. And Y/N stays there."

"No!" I screamed. "What are you doing?" I wasn't even sure who I was asking. Grandpa, or Leo?

Leo put his free hand behind his back and made quick finger motions I couldn't see or understand. "Wait, Saki! Mutate me with her if Splinter doesn't show. I know he will, I know he'll come, but think of it as insurance."

Karai's smile widened. "A double mutation doesn't sound too bad, Father. Think of the possibilities."

"Yes, Saki! Think!"

"Leo, what are you doing? Don't!" I screamed.

He unsheathed his other sword, one in each hand, and dropped them on the ground. "We surrender."

The rest of the guys gaped. They kept their weapons firm in their hands.

My grandfather looked at each of them. "So, you've surrendered but your brothers haven't. I'll fight you with honor before your request, then." He lurched forward and slammed his blade into Leo's side, making him stumble back. Leo brought his fists up in front of his chest and blocked a bunch of hits, but he couldn't block the one that hit him square in the jaw.

Leo could barely recover before he took a million hits to his shell. He collapsed on the ground in the fetal position.

"No!" I waited, turning to look at my grandfather through blurry tears. "Get out of here! Stop! You're not my grandfather!"

He retracted his blades as a bunch of guys in black ninja suits and other man-sized animals grabbed the other guys and forced them into separate rooms. "You're right, I'm not your grandfather by blood. I'm not your grandfather by adoption, either. You're nothing to me."

"Leo!"