Chapter 14 - Packing for Home

A/N - Alright guys, this one's a roller coaster, get ready!

Your POV

The day had arrived. I was leaving New York to go back to Louisiana. I hadn't spent much time with my grandparents, but I had a blast with the turtles. And Leo showed me everything amazing about New York City, something I never thought I'd be able to do. Even though we were on weird terms, I‌ was still grateful for all he'd done for me.

I had to learn that he didn't feel the same way about me as I felt about him. It didn't matter anyway. I was going home, so we couldn't start anything even if we both wanted to. Texting would have to be the way to keep contact.

Leo texted, insisting I‌ bring my luggage to the lair to help me pack, so I‌ messily shoved whatever I could into it and my shoulder bag so he could help me. Really, I just wanted to hang out with him one last time.

We both sat cross-legged in the dojo as we went through my cleaned shirts and pants, folding them neatly and placing them in my luggage.

"So, this is it, huh?" Leo asked, one of my shirts in his hands.

I stopped folding and looked at him. A tear was streaming down his cheek. "Aw, Leo." I‌ reached over and wiped it. He's really crying. The weight of how far away I was going to be finally hit me.

"I'll never see you after this. It was-I had a great time getting to know you." Leo couldn't take his eyes off of the shirt in his hands.

"Shh." I‌ shook my head, feeling my own tears starting to well up. "Just-just help me pack. We don't have to talk about it."

We resumed folding, and I tried to fold as slowly as possible to make the moment last. Once all of my clothes were packed away, I zipped up the luggage and stood up. He took it and wheeled it into the living area of the lair.

Everyone was gathered around the turnstiles to see me off. I hugged Mikey first because he was the most anxious.

"I'm gonna miss you so much, Y/N," he said in my neck.

"Aw, I'm gonna miss you too, Mikey. Don't beat my high score on the video games, okay?"

He gave me a watery smile. "There's no promises, dudette."

I moved on to Raph and gave him a quick hug. "Thanks for everything, Raph."

When I‌ let him go, he looked at me with sadness in his eyes. He didn't need to say anything; I could see he was a big softie under all his toughness.

I reached up high on the tips of my toes to hug Donnie.

"Aw, Y/N, thanks so much for coming over. We'll seriously miss you."

"Thank you, Donnie."

I bowed respectfully to Master Splinter, who returned it. "Thank you for your hospitality, Master."

He nodded slowly. "It has been the greatest pleasure, Y/N. Be well."

I looked over at Leo, who was clenching the handle of my luggage and had a broken look. "You ready?"

He took my hand, and we walked through the sewers together wordlessly.

When we made it to the familiar manhole opening, Leo stood at the ladder for a moment before climbing it and moving the cover aside. Rain sprinkled on his head. "Aw, shoot. Let's get you inside quickly," he said.

He pushed the luggage out and reached down to help me up. When we both made it to the street, we rushed to the shadows of an alleyway and I‌ pulled my luggage with me, feeling it somehow get heavier with every step. Leo turned to look at me and gave me a huge hug.

I‌ squeezed him so tight I was worried he couldn't breathe, but he did the same to me. We stood there for a while until we were completely soaked with rain.

"Leo, thank you so much for everything. You mean so much to me and it hurts to leave." I‌ wiped a tear from my face.

He pressed his lips together and he wiped his eyes. "Y/N, be safe. Will we still text?"

I gave him the best smile I‌ could, even though it felt more like a frown. "Of course. I'll text you before and after the plane ride home."

He nodded and looked down. "Watch Space Heroes on the plane for me, okay?"

"I will."

I took my luggage and started making my way to the front entrance of the apartment building. Just before I‌ reached the door, I felt a pair of strong arms pull me and my luggage backward into the alleyway again.

Leo spun me around so I was facing him and the rain started pouring even heavier.

"Y/N, I really like you. No, I'm in love with you. I really, really am, and I‌ don't want you to leave."

I froze in his arms in disbelief.

"Ever since the day I‌ first saw you, I wanted to see you again. And all of our times together, I've treasured them all. The rooftops, the fire escape out your window, the training sessions, the whole city and the Statue of Liberty, everything. I‌ love your smile and the way it lights up the world. I love your eyes, so deep I‌ could lose myself forever in them. I‌ love your gorgeous laugh and can't get enough of it. But, I love being with you more than anything."

He gripped my shoulders tightly, his eyes desperately searching mine. "I know you have to go back home, but I wish you could stay. I wish I could see you every single day and take you everywhere in the world and hold you all the time. I just want to be with you, for any amount of time I can get."

My heart was pounding. "Leo?"

"Yeah?"

"I'm in love with you, too."

His hand cupped my cheek and brought me closer, and our lips connected. I‌ kissed him like he was my last breath, and our lips moved in sync over and over again, until all that was in my mind was Leo. His lips tasted like salted caramel and ocean, if that was even possible. I was drowning in it as his hands moved to my waist and held me tight.

After I pulled away, I rested my forehead on his. "I don't want to go. I won't."

"What?"

"I'm not leaving you."

I captured his lips on mine again and held the back of his head, pulling him impossibly closer.

He pulled away and held my shoulders again. "But your flight-"

"I'm telling my parents I'm staying. I'm eighteen, Leo. I'm living here, whether they like it or not."

Leo stroked my cheek with his thumb and kissed my nose. "Are you sure?"

I nodded quickly. "Positive. I'll tell them now."

He let go of me and took my hand, kissing my knuckles. "Good luck. I'll be waiting right here."

I left my luggage with him and ran into the apartment building.

A/N - Yay! Leo did it! Now you get to stay in New York! (It's my story, so anything can happen, and I'm making it all possible!) :D