Chapter 21 - Stake Out

A/N - Just a quick dose of cuteness and stealth for your day!

Leo's POV

"Remember, stealth only," I reminded everyone.

We sat in the Shellraiser, and I was driving us to Shredder's old lair. There was some weird activity on Donnie's computer and on my tracking app, so we wanted to see what was going on. A Kraang-Foot alliance was a huge possibility.

"Right turn here," said Mikey from his map station.

When we arrived, I‌ parked in the shadow of a nearby building and powered off the engine. I took a deep breath to get into the stealth mentality, and then I saw the picture of me and Y/N I put on the dashboard.

She was in the middle of laughing when I took the selfie of us, and she had the cutest smile. Even though she insisted I‌ delete it, I kept it for the Shellraiser before a mission, just as a reminder of who‌ I'm fighting for the most.

"Okay, ninjas, let's move!" We all piled out of the vehicle and blended into the shadows. I scaled the building and stopped just before the roof, the others following close behind.

Raph somehow called for a pigeon that he held on his finger. When he sent it flying, it landed in front of the security camera on the corner. A couple of other pigeons sat on the other cameras around the roof.

After making a brief hand signal, I silently led the team across the roof and onto the edge of the glass windows. Donnie put down a circular device on the glass, and he pressed a button. The conversation inside was playing on a quiet speaker.

"I assume that our deal has been understood?" Karai. Of course, she was the new leader of the Foot after her father left for Japan and never returned.

I watched as Fishface and Bradford bowed down to her.‌ "Yes, master, we have secured the forces you've asked for," Fishface replied. Kiss-up.

Karai nodded slowly. "Finally, we can work with the aliens the way I wanted to. The way my father never did. Are we combining technology with Stockman?"

"As soon as their delays end, master."

She stood up. "Fine. Keep me updated. You are dismissed."

I took out my T-Phone to see a message from Y/N.

My‌ Angel: Everything okay?

Me: Just finished listening, we're coming back now.

Donnie slipped his device back into his belt, giving a thumbs-up.

I nodded and motioned for everyone to leave.

Your POV

My shoulders sagged in relief when the guys walked into the lab. I got up from Donnie's chair and went to hug Leo, burying my head in his neck.

He held me tight. "Missed you, princess."

When I let go, Leo held me by my waist. I couldn't help my smile. Knowing he got back safe made everything better.

"Still no changes on the coordinates?" Donnie asked, going up to his computer.

I shook my head. "Not so far. It looks like whatever they're planning is stable. What did you hear?"

"They're planning to use Stockman tech and Kraang tech together." Raph crossed his arms and leaned against the lab door. "But I still don't get what they're trying to do with it."

Donnie started typing. "It all seems so vague right now. Maybe as they keep developing plans, we'll get a better idea."

Leo leaned down to kiss my temple. "Let's not worry about it tonight. We did all we could."

Mikey yawned, and he trudged out of the lab. "Night, guys."

I walked out with Leo still holding my waist. Mikey's yawn was contagious, and I found myself holding one back.

Leo noticed and chuckled. "Aw, I'm sorry we kept you up again. Thanks so much for helping out, it means a lot."

Before I could answer, he picked me up and carried me into the hallway, then hesitated at his door.

"Uh, is it okay if, you know, you sleep here tonight?" Spots of blush appeared on his cheeks. "Just to cuddle?"

I reached up to kiss his cheek. "Sure, you cutie."

He carried me inside and gently laid me on the bed, then dug around in his closet. "Want another hoodie?"

"Yes, please."

Leo tossed me another Space Heroes hoodie with a different design and a light blue color. I shimmied it over my shirt, too lazy and exhausted, and settled back on the bed.

He took off his belt, unsheathed his swords, and climbed in beside me, pulling the covers over both of us. When I felt him pull me towards him, I relaxed and laid an arm over his waist, feeling myself begin to drift off.

"Good night, angel," I heard him say as he kissed my head and snuggled against me.