Chapter 28 - Pancakes

A/N - You guys are the best readers ever!! Enjoy the chapter!! (And aren't these pancakes adorable???)

Your POV

I‌ woke up earlier than I‌ meant to, but peacefulness settled around me. When I turned my head, I realized Leo was cuddling me in his sleep.

Aw, I don't want to get out of bed.

But I ‌wanted to do something for the guys and Splinter. They had been so kind to me, letting me stay in their home.

Maybe breakfast would be a good idea.

Reluctantly, I slid out of Leo's hold and tiptoed to the other side of the bed. His face looked so relaxed. Thank goodness he was getting rest.

I‌ pressed a feather-light kiss to Leo's cheek, and he smiled immediately. "Y/N..." he mumbled, eyes still closed in slumber.

My heart flipped. "I love you, Captain," I whispered before I slipped out of the room.

I crept into the living area to see that I was alone. Soft snores could be heard from the other bedrooms down the hall. Splinter was nowhere to be found, so‌ I assumed he was still in his room in the dojo.

Without making too much noise, I took out a bowl, fork, and a bunch of plates. The stove was turned on, and I fished around the pantry for some pancake mix. A quick trip to the fridge got me a few eggs, some milk, and even a pack of bacon strips.

I tried not to think about the fact that my mom taught me how to make breakfast to mold me into someone I wasn't. It was in the past; I wasn't focusing on it anymore.

As I‌ scooped the first few pancakes on the large pan, I heard footsteps pad into the room. "Ooh, is that bacon?"

"Hi, Mikey." I‌ stuck the spatula under one of the pancakes. "Sleep well?"

He stood next to me, eagerly watching. "Yeah, it was pretty crazy last night. But the smells woke me up!"

I‌ chucked. "I'm glad you're rested."

His hand slowly reached for the sizzling bacon strips, and I swatted it away. "No! It's too hot!"

"Aw, but I'm hungry, Y/N!" he whined. "Just one little-"

"No, Mikey. You can help set the table if you want," I‌ offered.

His face lit up. "Okay!"

Thank goodness.

He collected the stack of plates I left on the counter and placed one in front of each chair on the table. "It's been a while since I haven't had to cook," he said. "Usually I have to make something for everyone."

I turned to look at him. "Well, enjoy the break. It's a thank you to you guys for letting me stay here. I'm so grateful for you."

"Aw, thanks, dudette!" He gave me a side hug as I ‌flipped another pancake, then he went to pour orange juice in cups for everyone.

Donnie yawned as he trudged into the kitchen. "It smells good in here."

"Hi, Donnie," I said as I walked over with the plate of finished pancakes. I slid a few onto his plate, and he brightened.

"Woah, did you make these?"

I nodded, returning to the stove to pour more batter. "Yep, thanks for being wonderful."

He dug into the pancakes, and Mikey pouted. "Me too?"

Rolling my eyes, I held out the finished platter and he swiped a few, plopping them on his plate and scarfing them down.

When Leo and Raph walked in, Donnie pointed to the stack on his plate. "Y/N made really good pancakes!"

"They're DA BOMB, Y/N!" Mikey yelled, pumping a fist in the air. "There's gotta be a secret!"

I felt a pair of strong arms wrap around my waist. "Now this is something," he murmured in my ear. "You're too sweet, angel."

A grin spread across my face. "Good morning, Captain," I‌ said as I pressed a kiss to his lips.

"What's the occasion?" Raph asked. "And where are mine? Leo, get off of the cook."

Leo shot him a look, but I obliged and took the platter to his seat. "I just wanted to treat you guys. Also, Mikey needed a break from cooking."

"Heck yes!" Mikey's voice sang.

I shook my head with a smile. "I hope you like it. The bacon's almost done."

Raph's eyes widened at the mention of bacon. "I thought I was dreaming when I smelled it!"

"Dreaming of Mona Lisa surrounded by bacon?" Donnie quipped, earning him a shove to his head. "Hey!"

"Don't you talk about my Mona like that!"

Leo put his arm over my shoulders and kissed my temple. "Thank you for being in my life. Not just for this, but for everything you are to me. And the rest of us."

I turned the bacon over and placed it on another platter. "Aw, and thanks for being the wonderful Leo. I'm really lucky to have you."

He took the platter from my hands with a swoon-worthy smile and served the bacon to his brothers, who took the strips eagerly.

"Save some for Sensei, jeez!" Leo moved the platter away from Mikey's greedy hands.

"Save what for me?" Master Splinter strolled into the room, observing the situation. Raph and Donnie were struggling to conceal their messy eating, while Mikey was grabbing at the plate of bacon in Leo's hands that he took back to the counter. "What is all of this?"

"Y/N made us breakfast to thank us," Leo explained as he sat down.

I followed him to serve a stack of pancakes on his plate. "Sit, Master, I'll get you some."

Splinter bowed his head as he sat at the head of the table and leaned his green staff against the table. "Many thanks to you, Y/N, you have graced our family with your kindness."

Once I‌ placed some pancakes and bacon on Splinter's plate, I took the remaining few to my own place at the table and sat next to Leo.

As I started to eat, I felt a hand graze my knee. Leo gave me a bashful smile and leaned close to my ear. "You're in the family now."

When I blushed, he kissed my temple again. "And you're really pretty."

"Ugh, the love talk!" Raph complained from the other side of the table. "We're all right here!"

Splinter narrowed his eyes at Raph. "Be grateful that Y/N has even thought to make the meal in front of you, Raphael! Leonardo is treating her as she should be treated."

Leo averted his eyes and went back to his breakfast. "Thank you, Sensei," he said quietly.

When Sensei looked at me, he gave me an approving nod.

I guess I ‌really am in the family now.