Chapter 46 - Gone

Your POV

"Grandpa, what's going on?"

I struggled against his iron grip on my wrist as he smuggled me past a huge crowd of people and stuffed me into a closet inside of a boat. When I heard the lock click, I started to panic and pounded on the tiny window, trying to get his attention. "Grandpa!"

No response. My grandfather turned his back on me and disappeared into the crowd.

I turned around to face a wall right in front of me. The four walls started to close in on me. Hot air was the only barrier between me and the walls because of the tiny space, and I took tiny breaths to conserve my oxygen. At least, that's what I thought would happen.

Luckily, I still had my T-Phone on me. I dialled Leo for the millionth time and prayed he'd pick up. Come on, please! My heart pounded in my ears.

The call was ringing. Every ring vibrated in my brain. I couldn't stop hyperventilating. Wait, I was hyperventilating?

I'm never getting out of here!

"Leo! I'm on a boat, I have no idea where I'm going, and my grandpa kidnapped me! Call me back as soon as you get this! Please!" I screamed, jamming my finger onto the end call button in anger. He didn't pick up. Why didn't he pick up? Why wasn't he there when I needed him? Why, why, why? It would be a miracle if he checked his voicemail. I mean, who does that anymore?

What if he doesn't come for me? How would he know where I am? I didn't even know where I was going. I had no idea my grandfather owned a boat, or that he was going to some strange island. I didn't know anything about this man.

I was spiraling. What do I do? I'm not getting out of here alive!

My whole body started to convulse. The room kept pushing against me until the walls pressed my skin into the door. Air sucked its way out of my lungs. "Grandpa!" I yelled. Darkness enveloped my vision.

That was the last thing I remembered.

Leo's POV

We jumped across the rooftops, eager to get back to the lair and check the GPS tracker info on that mysterious boat. Donnie was rushing ahead and cleanly landed on his feet on the ground. He disappeared underneath a manhole cover in an instant, the others not too far behind.

"Wait!" I whispered. Raph and Mikey froze as I checked my T-Phone for the time in horror. "I have to pick up Y/N from work!" I'd never been late to get her before. She was probably standing there in the cold for at least an hour.

Shoot! "I'll catch up with you later!" I said as I turned in the direction of the pizza shop. My mind was somersaulting with possibilities. Maybe she stayed inside while she waited. She had keys to the place, so they couldn't kick her out. Or maybe she stopped off at the 24 hour pharmacy or something. It was right across the street.

Or maybe she tried to get to the lair on her own.

What if she's hurt? No, not possible. I literally just taught her katas and some self defense moves. She could hold her own. I'm sure of it.

I tried to keep myself focused on the pizza shop in my sights and slipped into a shadow of a fire escape next to it. She was nowhere in sight. The lights were off in there.

I hastily turned to the pharmacy across the way. The lights were on, but after a quick scan through the windows, I could only see a tired worker and a few stray teenagers inside. She wasn't there either.

No, no, no! Fear clouded my thoughts. Where is she?

I dialled her number and pressed my phone to my ear as I scaled the nearest building. She didn't pick up. Something happened to her, and it terrified me.

"Angel, baby? I'm so sorry I didn't come sooner! Where are you? Please be okay! I swear I'm coming!" I left the message with every last ounce of desperation I had. I realized I had missed calls when I paused to look at my notifications. From Y/N.

At the last minute, I realized I could turn on the tracker Donnie installed that told us where all of our phones were. I opened the tracker app and frowned.

Why was she over the water?

***

"Donnie, is that submarine thing ready to go?" I stormed into the lab, my shoulders heaving up and down.

He was at work mixing chemicals in a bunch of beakers. "Kind of busy, Leo."

"I said, is that submarine ready to go?" I yelled. "Y/N needs us!"

"What?" Donnie knocked over a test tube and spilled a liquid onto the table. The chemical burned through the metal surface, boring a gross hole and sending smoke into the air. "What do you mean? Where is she?"

I threw my phone into his hand. "Check that tracker on the boat. Now."

He wheeled his chair over to his computer and practically slammed the keys with his fingers. "There! On the..." he paused to look at my phone's GPS, "boat."

"She's on that boat. With Karai." I couldn't hold my composure. "What is she doing there? How did she-" Karai was there one night when I went to pick up Y/N from work. She knew where she would be this time of night. "Karai took her."

Donnie synced the tracker to his phone. "Let's get the guys. I think I can get the turtle sub ready in about ten minutes."

"Make it five, Don, we have to go! Now!" I sprinted out of the lab, desperate to get everyone out there.

It was time to end this.

A/N - The climax is approaching! What do you think is going to happen next??

And 20k reads? I'm screaming, I literally can't believe it. I'm going to say that with every read I get honestly. You guys are the best readers and j can't thank you enough for sticking with this story for this long. A few chapters to go...