Chapter 19 - Is That A Hickey?

A/N - This is one of my favorite chapters!!

Leo's POV

Y/N was working an earlier shift at the pizza place, so she was coming to the lair soon. I couldn't wait to show her off as my girlfriend. It felt almost unreal, but I had finally come through.

Captain Ryan would be proud.

I was trying to keep myself busy by playing pinball, but the thought of Y/N's lips on mine yesterday was really distracting. Her perfect curves, that smile, and those eyes...

"Leo, you suck!" Mikey's voice snapped me out of my thoughts.

I looked down at the pinball machine to see a measly score of 283.

"Jeez, dude, and I'm at least a thousand on a bad day," he bragged, shaking his head at me. "Move aside so the master can show you how it's done!"

He was trying to push me, but I stayed standing, crossing my arms and looking down at him as he struggled.

Mikey pressed his back against me and propelled his legs backward to gain some traction, but I still wasn't moving. "Do you weigh like a million pounds? Move! Come on!"

I playfully punched his shoulder and stepped away, causing him to fall onto the floor.

"Hey! Not fair!" he complained.

Just then, Y/N walked in, adjusting the collar of her work shirt and her hat. "Hi, guys."

When I approached her and set my hands on her waist, she looked up at me happily. "Hi, you."

"Hi, gorgeous." I quickly kissed her lips and the tip of her nose, her face scrunching up in the cutest way.

I kept my arm around her waist as I walked her inside. "Guys! Come here!"

Donnie poked his head out from his lab, and Raph appeared from the kitchen. "What is it now?" Raph asked, clearly annoyed.

I smiled proudly. "I'd like to introduce you to my beautiful girlfriend!"

Donnie ran out of his lab and high-fived me. "Good job, man!" He turned to Mikey. "He did it! He finally did it!"

"It's about time! Now we can get more of that free pizza!" Mikey cheered.

Raph tried to suppress a grin as he fist-bumped me. "Congrats, guys. But I knew it would happen all along."

Y/N's face was flushed, and she covered it with her hand. "Oh, my gosh, you are something else."

I turned to her with a mischievous smile. "What? I can't show them my world?"

She uncovered her face and reached up to kiss my cheek. When she came down to hug my waist, Raph silently shared a look with Donnie.

I studied them, my eyes narrowing. "What?"

Donnie turned around and started for his lab, putting his hands up in surrender. Raph averted his eyes and went over to the training dummy. It was Mikey who screamed, "Dude, is that a hickey?"

Y/N's face reddened, and I‌ turned to her slowly. "You have - I gave you-?"

She looked away from me as she moved the collar of her shirt slightly to the side, revealing a pretty sizable bruise on her neck. "There's another one on my shoulder," she whispered.

Mikey looked away, horrified.

Captain Ryan would definitely not be proud.

Raph started laughing uncontrollably. "Dude! You went down on her fast!"

My own cheeks started heating up. "I‌ didn't, I swear! Don't scream it or-"

"What is going on in here?" Master Splinter asked with a raised voice.

Oh, crap.

He walked into the living room and looked at each of us. Donnie chose that moment to slam his lab door shut.

I let go of Y/N's waist and took her hand instead. Sensei approached me and moved his head closer to my face as I‌ moved mine away. His eyes peered at me uncomfortably.

"What is this I hear about a, hickey?" The word sounded weird coming from his accent.

"Uh, Sensei, I can explain, uh-"

"We were just kissing, I‌ swear!" Y/N explained, swallowing hard and staring at the floor.

Master Splinter studied both of us while stroking his beard. "Hm. I am happy that both of you are enjoying each other's company, but I must stress the importance of your safety. Be wise in your decisions with one another. Do not cross any boundaries."

I‌ nodded quickly and bowed, trying to stop the situation. "Yes, Sensei."

Y/N bowed to him too, and he bowed in response.

"Very well. Now, please try to keep it down so I can meditate." He left us for the dojo, and I‌ heard him slide his door closed.

Raph stifled his laughter. "That was awesome!‌ You almost got the talk from Sensei!"

I‌ pulled Y/N onto the couch with me and put my arm around her. "Shut up."

"No, it was amazing! I swear he was staring at the hickey!"

"Raph, chill out, dude," Mikey said as he sat on the floor in front of us. "Just let them be in love. Look how cute they are."

Y/N hugged my waist and leaned her head against me, and I put my other arm on her back. "I think we're cute," she said quietly.

I smiled down at her and pressed a kiss on top of her head. "I think you're cute."

"Okay, man, I don't want to see all of that," Raph complained, starting to punch the training dummy.

Donnie slid his lab door open a crack. "Is it safe now?"

"Yeah, dude, they're just being cute now." Mikey got up from the floor to put in a Crognard tape.

After looking around to make sure it was clear, Donnie stepped out of his lab with his laptop and closed the door behind him. "Good. I didn't want to get caught in whatever that was."

Mikey turned the TV‌ on and started watching the cartoon. Donnie passed by us to get a seat, and he glanced at Y/N with wide eyes. "Oh, man, that thing's massive! Are you sure you didn't just kiss her?"

"Can we please not talk about it anymore?" Y/N snuggled into me, trying to cover her face.

I eyed Donnie. "Drop it. Please."

He scurried onto the farthest seat on the couch and quickly powered on his laptop, bending over to hide his own face.

I turned to look down at Y/N. "I'm sorry I‌ did that, I didn't mean to."

She moved her face toward me. "It's okay. I just didn't know it would be such a big deal." Her lips briefly connected with mine.

When I‌ pulled away, I brought her closer to me and rested my head on hers, gently rubbing her arm. "I love you," I whispered so the others couldn't hear.

And I‌ swear I could feel her grin.