Chapter 1 - It's not fair

Luke's POV

"Lucy wake up!" I heard my mom shout from downstairs.

Yes, she called me Lucy, let me explain. When I was born my assigned gender was female because of my genitalia. But as years went by I didn't feel comfortable with that assigned gender and didn't feel like I was being myself.

I did some research and I realized why I felt the way I did, I'm transgender. It took me a lot of time to accept it but I did, and here I am, trying to figure out how to tell my parents, cause it gets harder every day being referred to as someone I am not.

Anyways, back to reality.

"I'm awake!" I shouted without much energy and groaned.

I got up and started to get dressed, catching a glimpse of myself in the mirror by accident.

"Ugh, I hate this" I said sadly, quickly drawing my eyes off the mirror.

I made my way downstairs and to the kitchen table.

"There's your breakfast and I left you lunch and dinner in the fridge, me and your father are flying to Orlando to go see your sister's match so we won't be back till tomorrow, don't get in trouble again, please. We don't have time to deal with your drama" my mom said while finishing her breakfast and rushing upstairs, probably to get ready for the flight.

"Okay..." I said looking at my plate and playing with my food, knowing I didn't have a say in anything anyways.

"I forgot this. Did you say something?" my mom said coming back to the kitchen and quickly taking her wallet.

"No.. but why can't I go with you? I miss Ash" I said looking at my mom with a glimpse of sadness in my eyes.

"No, you have to go to class, it's your last year before going to university and I want you to have good grades" she said sternly.

"But I have good grades, nothing's going to happen if I miss only one day" I begged her, with hope in my eyes. "Come on, please"

"Ugh stop being so annoying and go to class, I don't have time for this. You're turning 18 this year, stop acting like you are 13" she said annoyed, turning around and leaving me with the words in my mouth... again.

Great, another exciting day of class coming my way, and another day without seeing or even talking to my sister. God give me a break.

3 hours later

I'm still in class, in the lunch break. Sitting by myself, like always.

Suddenly I felt someone sit beside me. I turned my head and saw one of the popular boys smiling at me.

"Mmm hello? do you need anything?" I asked him, confused.

"Hello gorgeous, wanna go on a date?" He smirked at me while putting his hand on my thigh.

I got very nervous and so red I could get confused with a tomato.

"Wait, what?" I said trying to take his hand off me.

"Come on don't play hard to get, I'm probably the only guy that has ever asked you out, you don't want to waste the only opportunity to get laid, right?" He said still smirking and moving his hand still on my thigh.

"Dude back off, I don't want anything with you" I said scooting away from him.

"Come on just a kiss babe" he started leaning to kiss me.

"Get off me!" I pushed him and he fell to the floor.

"Fucking bitch I'm going to kill you" he said angrily.

He pushed me to the floor and managed to kick me on the stomach before his friends held him back.

"You are just a dyke just like your sister" he said before spitting on me.

Oh no he didn't.

I stood up and punched him straight in the face.

"Don't talk about my sister ever again" I said, and I felt like I could kill him right now. I don't give a shit about what people call me, but if you mess with my sister I'm not going to let you get away with it.

His lip was bleeding and if looks could kill I would be buried right now, but his friends held him back while trying to calm him down telling him that I'm just a girl and it's not worth it.

Suddenly we heard a voice.

"Both of you, with me, now" the principal said sternly. We followed him quietly to his office.

"What happened? Both of you, explain, now."

"She's crazy, I tried to kiss her and she punched me, she's insane! I didn't do anything I swear" the asshole said, making me laugh bitterly.

"That's bullshit! I-

"Harris, no shouting and no bad words are allowed in my office. Start over."

"Sorry... That's not what happened Sir, he was practically harassing me and when he tried to kiss me I panicked and pushed him and-

"That's enough. So you did start the fight the-

"No! Bu-

"Do not interrupt me Harris" he said angrily. "You are suspended for three days Harris. Matt go to the nurse now and get that cut treated, then go back to class." Matt nodded and left the office, smirking at me.

"What? That's not fair." I said shocked. I was only protecting myself, what the hell is going on.

"Harris, this behaviour is not accepted here, do you understand? This is not the first time there's been an incident with you. First, someone finds you in the men's bathroom, now this." he shook his head and looked at me with disappointment.

*This is bullshit* I thought while standing up and leaving the office.

"Where do you think you're going, Harris?" the principal asked.

"Huh?" I looked at him confused.

"I'm calling your parents and you are leaving with them right now, didn't you just hear me say that you're suspended?"

"Fuck" I mumbled under my breath.

(This is my first story, so I would appreciate some feedback! Also English is not my first language so I'm sorry if there are any mistakes. I hope you like it!)