Chapter 27 - I love you

Luke's POV

"So, Ash told me what happened yesterday" Christen said, trying to start a conversation.

We were currently in my room, sitting on my bed. After I told them what happened with Matt we went to the police station and reported it. As expected they didn't seem too interested or like they were going to do much about it, but I guess it had to be done. We got home a bit ago and I went to my room by myself since I needed to be alone for a while and calm down. I'm still trying not to freak out at the fact that this dude has probably been following me for months and is probably still going to follow me. Ugh.

Anyways, after a while Christen came to check on me, and here we are.

"Wanna talk about it?" she asked me.

"Mm, I don't know" I said, unsure.

"Bottling things up is not good, Luke. Just know that if you need to talk I'm always here" Christen said, reassuring me.

"Okay..." I guess I should tell her. "Christen, am I crazy? Is this not... normal? am I not normal?"

"Hey hey, what are you saying, Luke?" she asked concerned. "Where is this coming from?"

"My mom" I said barely above a whisper.

"Your mom...?"

"She told me that I'm crazy and that this, who I am, or who I say I am, it's not normal, I'm not norm-

"Stop" Christen said and I stopped talking.

"What?" I asked, confused.

"I know that your mom telling you all of these things makes you feel insecure and unsure about everything. But a mother that doesn't choose love above everything when it comes to their children, it's not a mother" she said, smiling at me sadly and I looked at the floor.

Right as I did that she put her arm around my shoulders and proceeded to talk again.

"Look at me" she said sweetly and I looked at her reluctantly. "Don't doubt yourself, Luke. You are valid and you are normal and no one has the right to tell you otherwise. And just like you are normal, you are also different. Diversity it's beautiful, Luke. How boring would it be if everyone was the exact same?" she said smiling softly and I returned the smile.

"Don't pay attention to the words that are full of hate, just to those said out of kindness. Those are the ones that matter"

"Why are you so wise?" I asked her and she chuckled.

"I don't know" she said while shrugging her shoulders. "What I do know is that you deserve to be happy and to be yourself. And I want you to know that as well"

After she finished talking I pulled her on a hug.

"Thank you Chris. I don't know how you do it but you always have the right words"

"Don't thank me, Lukey. This is what friends are for" she said and kissed my forehead just before pulling away. "How about we go downstairs? I think Ash said dinner was almost ready"

I nodded my head and we made our way downstairs.

A few hours later

Christen and Tobin had just gone to sleep so I made my way to my bedroom.

I have to keep looking for jobs if I want to be able to afford surgery as soon as possible.

"Oh, someone emailed me back already" I said to myself as I opened the email.

Good evening, Lucy.

We have a free working spot as a cashier in our establishment. If you are interested we can schedule a work interview as soon as possible.