Chapter 35 - Maybe love is not for me

Luke's POV

We were currently about an hour into the movie.

"Are you liking it?" Alec asked me.

"Hmm" I nodded my head without paying much attention to him, still looking at the movie.

"I have an idea of something that you might like more tho" he said, scooting closer to me and touching my face, making me look at him.

"What?" I asked, confused.

He suddenly pulled me on a kiss and I kissed him back, even though I would have rather keep watching the movie instead.

As the kiss kept going it was becoming more and more heated.

I started to feel Alec's hand at the hem of my shirt, just like at the park. I have to stop this.

I quickly pulled away.

"No" I said nervously and he looked at me confused.

"It's okay, Luke. Neither my father or my brother are coming back any time soon. We have time" he said and tried to pull me on a kiss again, but I stopped him.

"I- I'm not ready"

"What do you mean? Have you never done it?" Alec asked me with a mocking tone.

"Mm no" I said barely above a whisper, avoiding to look at him.

He let out a chuckle. Is he making fun of me?

"I wasn't expecting that, to be honest. But it's okay, I'll be gentle, you don't have to worry about it" he said kissing my cheek softly just before pulling me on a kiss.

I quickly pulled away again.

"What now?" he said a bit annoyed.

"I- I don't want to, not yet" I said embarrassed.

"Why not? Do you not trust me?"

"It's too soon" I said, fidgeting with my fingers nervously.

"Whatever" he said, rolling his eyes.

"Are you mad?" I asked him worriedly. Did I mess this up?

He just shrugged.

After a few seconds of silence he finally spoke again.

"Did you really think we were coming here to just watch a movie?"

I looked at him surprised.

"I mean, yes? You did invite me to watch a movie. But if all you wanted to do was have sex I guess I'll leave now"

I started to leave his room, making my way to the entrance of the house.

"Wait, Luke. I'm sorry!" I heard him shout, coming towards me.

He took my arm, making me stop.

"Let go of me, I'm leaving" I said annoyed.

I really thought he liked me... but all he wanted from me was sex, really?

Maybe love is not for me.

"Come on, Luke. I'm really sorry" he said caressing my cheek just before trying to pull me on a hug.

I pushed him away. I don't feel like pretending to like his hugs right now.

"Do you actually like me? Or you just wanted to have sex?" I asked him.

"I mean, both I guess?" he shrugged. "There's nothing wrong with that though. We're both adults, there's nothing wrong with sex"

I let out a frustrated sigh.

"I know that, Alec. But I'm just not ready. There is- there is something I haven't told you"

"What is it? You can trust me" he said, stepping closer to me and taking my hands on his. "I promise whatever it is it won't change anything" 

"I-

We were interrupted by the sound of the main door opening.

"Is someone home?" a voice asked.

"Shit" Alec whispered. "You have to leave"

"What is going on?" I asked, confused. "Is that your dad?"

"Yes, you need to-

But before he could finish speaking Alec's father made his way to where we were and stood right in front of us. He was in his 50s and he also didn't seem to be very friendly because if looks could kill I would be at my funeral right now. 

He looks a bit familiar... do I know him?

"Oh, Alec, you're home. Who is your friend?" he said, glaring at me.

"H- he was just leaving, I-

"Oh, I see. Fucking faggots" he said and I opened my eyes shocked. "You, leave right now and I better not see you again here"

"I-

"Leave, Luke. It's okay" Alec said seriously. "Please, just leave"

I started to make my way to the main door, his father following me.

"I'm serious, don't ever come back here. My son doesn't need someone coming here to confuse him. Get the fuck off our lives" he said, pushing me out the house and slamming the door shut.

I didn't move for a while, still shocked at what just happened.

Finally, I came back to reality. What the hell...

I decided to pull out my phone before making my way home. I need to know if Alec is okay.

Me: Alec, are you okay? Did he do anything to you??

He took a few seconds but finally answered.

Alec: I'm good. Don't text me again.

What?...

Just before I had the chance to text him back he sent me another message.

Alec: I don't like you, okay? I just wanted to have sex with you. So, leave me alone.

Should I believe him? Maybe his dad is making him say all of this...

Me: Are you serious?

Alec: I got in trouble because of you, of course I'm serious. If we weren't going to have sex we could have gone somewhere else. I risked bringing you to my house for nothing and now I have a black eye that I could have avoided.

Fuck, his father actually hurt him...

Me: Sorry.

I don't know what else to tell him. I feel bad for him but I'm also upset, all he wanted was to hook up with me, he doesn't actually like me...

I started to make my way back home. Just when I thought I had a chance with someone...

I guess I'll never be good enough for anybody.

Still, I'm worried about Alec, I just hope he can leave that house as soon as possible. He's smart enough to figure it out. 

At home

"Hey, how was the date?" Ali asked me right as I stepped inside the house.

"Shh Ash is going to hear you" I quickly said, whispering.

"She's upstairs, don't worry. Now, tell me about it" She insisted.

"I don't want to talk about it. Also, I know I said I was going to spend some time with you guys but I don't feel like it, sorry. I'm going to sleep" I told her and gave her a quick hug, making my way upstairs before she could say anything else.

I just want this day to be over.