Chapter 23 - Fix her

Luke's POV

It's been 3 months since Matt 'threatened' me. The first few weeks I was a bit paranoid but by the end of the second week I realized that he wasn't going to show up and he was probably just messing with me.

It's also been 3 months since I started testosterone and it's going great. I'm finally starting to like myself and how I look and I barely get misgendered anymore. My voice has also changed a lot, it's way deeper than before. I also have a bit of acne, mostly on my face, but it doesn't bother me too much.

The only thing that makes me feel self-conscious and uncomfortable right now is my chest. I want to get surgery soon but I don't have any money. I know Ash would gladly pay for it, but I don't want to ask her to do it, she has done a lot for me already.

I've been trying to get a job but as soon as they realize that I'm trans (because my id still has my deadname on it and female as my gender, I'm in the process of getting my name changed but it takes a while but I can't change the gender until I've been 2 years on hormones, which honestly sucks) they immediately reject me. Lately, I've been thinking of just applying to a job with my deadname and act like I'm a girl with a bit of a deep voice, because I honestly don't think of any other option to get a job and I really want to get surgery as soon as possible.

I sat down in my bed with my laptop on my lap. I'm going to apply for some jobs with my deadname, I'm tired of this shit.

I started filling up applications with my deadname and sending them. I don't know if this is a good idea but it is what it is.

Ashlyn's POV

I was making dinner with Ali then someone rang the doorbell.

"Are we expecting anyone?" I asked Ali and she shook her head.

I went to open the door, finding my parents on the other side.

"What are you doing here?" I asked them, confused.

"We came to take our daughter back. She's been here for like 4 months? I don't know, but it's been too long. Joke is over" my mom said, stepping inside the house. "Where is she?"

What the fuck.

"First, it's your son. And secondly, you are not "taking" him. He's 18 and if he wants to stay he's staying, you don't have a say anymore." I said, trying to keep calm.

"Babe, who is it?" Ali's voice asked. Her footsteps sounding closer and closer. "Oh" it's all she said after she saw my parents.

"Hi Ali, would you be so kind as to tell us where our daughte- son, is?" my dad asked, acting all innocent.

"As if I'm stupid" Ali answered, mad. "You have no right to come see him after how you treated him. Leave my house right now."

While we were arguing with my father my mom sneaked inside the house, searching every room trying to find Luke.

As I tried to go stop her my dad grabbed my arm.

"Ashlyn, please let her. She won't leave you alone until she sees him" he said.

"You said him?" I asked, a bit surprised.

"Ash, I have nothing against your brother. We were never too close but then again I'm not his real father and-

"Wait, what?" I asked shocked. What does he mean by that?

"I didn't want to tell you like this but Luke's not my son. Your mom cheated on me."

I looked at Ali and she looked as confused and shocked as I did. What is going on?

"I- what? why have you never said anything?"

"Your mom told me not to say anything. I would do anything for her, you know I love her"

"Why?"

"I just told you, becaus-

"No, why do you love her?" I asked, frowning. My dad deserves better.

He didn't answer.

"The thing is, I don't care about what Luke does with his life. I tried to convince your mother to leave him alone, but she wants her 'daughter' back. It's ridiculous."

"She hasn't given a fuck about him during his whole life and now he wants him 'back'?" I asked. I don't understand my mother.

"I don't know Ashlyn. I don't understand this either."

My mom really is an odd woman.

Wait. If my dad is not Luke's dad, then where is his father? Did he not give a fuck about having a kid or...?

"Where is his actual father?"

"What?" my dad said, confused.

"If you are not Luke's father, where is his actual father? Does he know about Luke?"

"Look Ash, I don't know anything about him. All I know is that your mom cheated on me, she didn't tell me with who."

"But-

My mom interrupted us. Shit, I forgot she was here and... wait, did she find Luke?

"We are leaving" she said, frowning and obviously mad. "And you, you better fix her. I don't know what the hell you've done to my daughter but fucking fix it!" she said, screaming at me.

"Wha-

"No, don't fucking talk Ashlyn. You are all insane! We'll be back and when we do she better be fucking normal and her voice better sound feminine as well. Do you hear me Ashlyn?!" she shouted before storming out of the house.

My dad looked at us apologetically and followed her.

"What just happened?" I asked Ali.

"I don't know. But I have the feeling that she found Luke."

"Fuck" She's right. Damn it.

We quickly went upstairs, knocking on his door softly.

"Luke, are you okay sweety?" Ali asked.

"We are going to come in" I said and opened the door, finding Luke sitting in his bed.

He had a hurt expression and was looking to the floor. He looked so fragile.

What did my mom tell him?