Chapter 29 - You owe me

Luke's POV

It's been a week since I started working and it's been going better than I expected, except I hate the fact that I have to wear a name tag with my deadname, and that sometimes I get misgendered by customers.

Aside from that it's going well. I don't get paid much, only about 200$ a month give or take (depending on how well the business does), but it's a start. I also haven't been talking much with my coworker (yes, there's only two of us working at the moment, it's a small convenience store, so we're doing okay) because I don't want to relive what I went through in high school, feeling weird and treated as someone I'm not. She seems nice though, her name is Becca.

"Lucy, you are closing today since Becca needs to leave early. Is that okay?" my boss asked.

"Yes, that's fine" I answered.

"Great. See you tomorrow" he said, waving at me and leaving the store, followed by Becca a few minutes later, who also waved at me.

Well. I guess I'm alone now.

Imma be honest with you, I'm not a huge fan of this scenario. Being left alone in a convenience store, at night...

Don't be paranoid, Luke. It'll be fine.

Suddenly the door opened and I looked at it, a bit scared.

"Hey, I didn't know you worked here"

Thank god.

"Hey Alec" I answered, relieved that it was him and not some thief or even worse, Matt.

"I'll have to change my shopping spot to this one then" he said, winking at me and starting to roam through the aisles.

I immediately started to blush. Is he flirting with me?

"Do you guys have any bandages or something like that?" he asked me, still searching through the store.

"Mm I don't think so. What do you need them for?" I asked a bit confused.

He made his way towards me and showed me his hand, a cloth with a bit of blood was covering its palm.

"I cut myself" he said, seeming embarrassed, and scratched the back of his neck with his other hand.

"Shit. Give me a second" I said and went towards the back room, searching for the first aid box. Once I found it I made my way back to him.

"Here. Let me help you" I said. "Take off the cloth"

He slowly started taking it off, wincing a little bit.

"It doesn't look too deep, that's good" I said, and proceeded to clean it with a bit of alcohol.

"Fuck" he complained. "That stings a bit"

"Sorry" I said and he shook his head.

"It's okay. It's my fault for being so careless"

"How did you cut yourself?" I asked, still treating his wound.

"It's a bit embarrassing" he said.

"Come on, I want to know" I insisted. "I promise I won't laugh"

"I was cutting an apple" he mumbled barely above a whisper and I tried to suppress my laugh. "You promised not to laugh" he said, pouting.

He's adorable.

"Sorry, sorry. If it makes you feel better I don't know how to cut an apple, so I just eat it without cutting it to avoid accidents like these" I told him and he chuckled a little bit.