16.

"Takodana." Master Windu repeated.
"Well, I didn't expect that."

"He needs help. He's being held captive in a cell in an Separatist base. We have to go to him!" I cried, grabbing my lightsaber and scrambling to my feet. But I couldn't stand or walk straight. I was weak and tired from using my seeking ability on such a large scale search. I stumbled over and Anakin had to grab my arm and practically support me, standing me up straight, and stop me from falling onto my face.

"Please, we have to go now!" I said, still breathless.

"Delta, we can not go now." Obi-Wan said with a sorry look upon his face.
"You need to rest and regain your strength. We are unprepared, if Markcol is in an Separatist base like you say, there is no doubt it will be swarming with droids. Without a plan or preparation, we will be no help to your brother." He added.

I looked to Master Windu, sadness and loss plastered across my face, hoping he would respond differently.
"Master Kenobi is right. If we go to Takodana now, we will be of no use. We have no idea what the Seperatists has set up on Takodana, going in unprepared won't work."

"Well then we go tomorrow!" I exclaimed, shaking my head.

"Delta, we understand that he's your brother, but this is a rescue mission. And if we're shot down and killed straight away, Markcol will remain imprisoned by the Separatists." Anakin said, still holding me up from falling over.

"We'll start planning immediately, the longer we spend moping around, the longer Markcol is locked up in Takodana. Master Kenobi and Skywalker, you go and start on preparing troops and ships, I need to speak with Delta for a moment." Master Windu said.

They bowed their heads slightly. Anakin gave me a reassuring smile before leaving the room with Obi-Wan.

"Delta, I have spoken with the rest of the Jedi council." Master Windu started. My heart rate increased a little.
"We have agreed that if you are successful in rescuing your brother and bringing him back safely, all charges against you will be dropped and you will be granted the rank of Jedi Knight once again."

I was completely shocked. I was overjoyed, but didn't really show it. It felt as though I had a huge weight lifted off of my shoulders.

"Thank you, Master. Truly, thank you." I smiled.
"But what if I am unsuccessful?" I wearily asked.

"I don't think worrying about failure will be necessary; I have every faith in you."

Again, I was completely blown away. For the past three years, I had spent everyday being judged and carrying the burden of my sentence. And now, it was all about to go away, I was about to get my life back in order and back to the way it used to be. I was finally going to be trusted and listened to.

"Now go, get some rest, a room has been arranged for you in the western quarters of the temple." Master Windu smiled.

I smiled back and bowed slightly, before turning around to exit. However, just as I was about to leave the room, I was hit with a wave of doubt and confusion. I slowly turned back around to face Master Windu.
"If I may ask, Master...what happened to Markcol?" I cautiously asked.

"What do you mean?"

"The last time I saw him, on Kashyyyk, he was dead with a blaster strike through the chest. How is it possible that he is alive?"

Master Windu looked to the floor and sighed.
"The Wookies found him and...he wasn't completely dead. He did something that not many Jedi can do, he reached so far into his soul and connected with the force to essentially keep himself alive. To the outside, he appeared dead and lifeless, but his soul was still strong. The Wookies aided to his wounds and helped his body recover, eventually, he was strong enough to pull himself out of his trance and carry on...living. It took a long time for him to fully recover on Kashyyyk. He reached out to me and, believe me, I was incredibly shocked to find out he was alive."

"What did he say? When he contacted you?" I asked, struggling to take in everything I had just been told.

"He asked about you, asked if you were safe, he said that he tried to contact you but failed to. It was difficult to tell him that you had just fled the planet in a stolen star fighter..."

"You've known he was alive all this time! Three years and no one thought to tell me!" I interrupted.

"Trust me, Delta, I wanted to! But we had no idea where you were or how to find you. After I told him you had disappeared, he said that he would try to find you on his own. He didn't want me to tell anyone that he was still alive. It was only recently, when the council revived intel about a Jedi being held captive by the Separatists, that I was forced to bring you back and tell the High Council that he isn't  dead."

"I don't know what to say." I said as I felt my eyes begin to well up again and fill with tears.
"Truly, I am lost for words."

"I can understand that. I can understand that this is a lot for you to so suddenly take on board and even begin to comprehend. So go and rest. You will need your strength."

So that's what I did. I went to where my sleeping quarters had been arranged. It was almost like I was getting special treatment; the room I was given was much larger than the one I had whilst I was actually a Jedi, with a balcony over looking the city skyline and a big, comfortable bed.

I got myself cleaned up and put my head down for a bit. But eventually, I woke up and went to help Obi-Wan and plan the rescue mission.

———————————————————————————

Part of the planning was sorting out the number of troops and how many sections they would be put into. We were planning alongside Squadron commanders.

"Can you tell us anything else about where they are holding Markcol?" Obi-Wan asked.

I thought for a moment, trying to rebuild the vision in my head.
"It was like uhh...a stone fortress or temple, built into the side of a mountain. There was a few layers, clankers on each level. It's old, definitely not built by the 'Seppies', they're just using it as a base."

"Okay...alright." Obi-Wan said, thinking to himself with a thumb and finger on his chin.
"We'll send in a ground team on each of the levels, clear out all of the droids, essentially clearing a path. Delta, Anakin and I will go in also, to find Markcol and get him out safely."

He then turned to face me.
"He's your brother, you'll have the strongest connection to him and alongside your seeking ability, you will be able to find him the fastest."

"Okay, once we get to him, we need to get him out as fast as possible. So there needs to be an extraction team or escape vessel for a quick get away. He didn't look well at all, he was pale and weak, medical supplies and help will also be needed." I said.

Obi-Wan agreed as he nodded his head.

The rest of the evening was spent building up more of a plan and preparing troops.

The final plan was:
-Try to arrive on Takodana unnoticeable and take out any droids outside of the fortress.
-Next, send in ground troops to clear the fortress and secure the compound. Anakin, Obi-Wan and I would also go in, escorted by a small team of clones.
-Then, find my brother and get out as fast as possible.

Seemed fairly simple, but we didn't know what type of weapons or security the Separatists had.

The next day, the troops were gathered and briefed about the rescue mission. We would set out the day after.

I was a mix of emotions. Scared, happy but also lost. My head was still trying to get to grips with everything that had happened in the short time since leaving Tatooine. I couldn't sleep much the night before going out to rescue Markcol. I was almost planning on what the first thing I would say to him would be. I didn't know whether to be angry or happy or sad, believe me, I was overjoyed and elated by the fact that he was actually alive. I just wish I could've found out some other way.

A/n
Hello,
Thank you so much for reading and I hope you enjoyed. I'm really looking forward to posting the next few chapters! :)
Happy for feedback and constructive criticism. :)
-A