29.

So, the next few days were filled with planning and devising a believable lie to tell the Separatists and convince them that I was the clone.

Eventually, the day came around. We had managed to get a set of coordinates out of my clone, coordinates to Count Dooku's ship. We had also made her change outfits, so that I was now wearing her black and red imperial uniform. The enemy symbol etched onto both the shoulders. I also had to bring her lightsaber with me, as it was red and I didn't want to blow my cover in the event that I had to wield a green sabre.

Before departing, I met with everyone in the Jedi Temple's ships hangar. Markcol gave me a tight hug and wished me good luck. As did Anakin and Obi-Wan.

"I don't know how long I'll be gone for, I hope not too long, but I'll send a transmission and soon as I've made contact with Dooku's ship." I said.

"I trust you'll be fine, but Delta, do be careful." Master Windu said.

"May the Force be with you, Delta." Obi-Wan said with a smile.

Quickly, I was sent on my way, in a one-person star fighter, programmed with the coordinates to Count Dooku's ship. As I flew into the upper atmosphere, I made sure my communication device was working by sending a message down to the Anakin.

"This is Delta Nova, vital signs are good and we've got clear skies for travel." I joked.

"We're reading you loud and clear Delta, let us know when you arrive." Anakin's voice crackled back through the coms device.

"Will do. Delta out."

Soon, I was good to make the jump to hyper space, so I checked the coordinates one last time and hit the accelerator. Suddenly, the stars infront of me flew into long streaky lines and warped into different swirls and colours.

I flew through hyper space for a couple of hours, practicing my evil, deceptive voice to pass the time.

Eventually, the stars around me faded back to normal as I came to a sudden drop out of hyper space. Ahead of me I could see, a great big Star Destroyer, bigger than the one I was being held captive on a few weeks ago. The dagger like shape was intimidating and made my stomach flutter.

I switched my coms device back on to let Markcol and the others know I had arrived.
"Okay. I've just dropped out of hyper space and the clone wasn't lying; Count Dooku has a ship...and it's a big one." I said.

The response was a big crackly but I could just about make it out.
"Good. Are you sure you're still happy to go through with this?" Mace Windu asked.

"Yes of course, this is where the fun begins." I said with a smirk.
"Okay, I'll let you know what happens when I'm onboard...however long that may be." I added.

"Delta wait," I heard my brothers voice.
"Before you go I just wanted to say good luck, again. We're family, all we've got is each other. Please be careful."

"I will Markcol...don't worry." I said with a sigh. Then I switched the device off and made my way closer to the ship.

A small light on my ships control panel began to flash, signalling that I had an incoming transmission from the Star Destroyer before me. I pushed it and answered the call.

"State your name and business." A voice said.

"Delta Nova, Uh, the clone version. Returning to base to report back, to umm, to Count Dooku." I said, cringing at my own words. This was going to be harder than I had expected.

"Oh, we weren't expecting you back so soon. You have permission to board." The voice replied.

I saw a large door open on the side of the ship, so I flew up and entered, bringing the ship down gently inside.